Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 01:50 PM

Hi there
I am new to these boards and have spent the last week trailing the net for more and more info on Costa Fortuna. We have booked 8 nights on 25th March on this wonderful ship. We have actually seen her in the Med twice and she is certainly VERY impressive.
Reviews are far and few between and most reviews of Costa are not too good! However that will not put us off. We have only done 2 cruises, the first on Airtours Carousel which we thoroughly enjoyed, the second on Thomson Spirit which we didn't really enjoy.
Would love any info on this ship and if anybody else will be travelling on this cruise which incidentally should witness the "eclipse" that is due to take place in the East Med on 29th March 2006!
Thank You
Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 PM

Sugar, I have not sailed the Fortuna, but see my comments about Costa in general in the thread about the Majica.

Sandy
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Thanks Sandy. I believe Magica and Fortuna are
sister ships. I am sure the Fortuna will make the other 2 cruise ships we have sailed on look like rowing boats in comparison!!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Costa is Italian in flavor, and energetic in nature. If you are not especially laid-back but enjoy fun, you will probably have a really good time on the Fortuna.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:10 AM

Hi sugarbabe,

I have booked 8 nights on 25th March on the Costa Fortuna too. That's my first cruise, but I think it will be good. Othe people said me, that the Costa Fortuna is a very good ship.

Martin
Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 AM

Hi Martin

Glad to hear we are not going to be alone on this cruise!!!!

This will be our 3rd cruise, the previous two with British Companies. I think from what I have seen, the Fortuna will be a very impressive ship. We are really looking forward to it. I am not concerning myself with these very mixes Costa reviews.

Are you from UK??

We have booked the Tripoli half day excursion but am a bit unsure about getting off the ship in Tripoli.

I quite like the idea of the less than busy port calls so it should be a nice relaxing cruise with the days at sea. Also looking forward to seeing the eclipse on the 29th!!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:49 AM

Hi,

I'm from Germany. I think you shouldn't be unsure about getting off the ship in Tripoli. Everywhere are dangers in New York, London, Rome, Berlin, Tripoli etc.
I have booked the half day excursion too. I agree that it should be a relaxing cruise.
Martin

Closed Thread