Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2004, 07:58 AM

Diane, was the port of Key West missed because of not being able to dock a one time thing, or do you suspect this will be the norm? I am scheduled to debark the Lirica in Key West, drive to Miami and then fly to San Juan to pick up another group on the Adventure of the Seas all in the same day. If I can't get off the ship early, it could be az huge problem for me.

What do you think?

Tom
Old 02-16-2004, 08:45 AM

Before we took the cruise, we called MSC & asked which ports they would tender & which they would dock. They told us they would dock Key West. We were told we would tender after we got onto the ship, & it was promoted by MSC saying we would be able to see the legendary Key West sunset. The US immigration officials could not board the ship for more than an hour due to rough seas (though they are more experienced at that sort of thing). Because of the rough seas, we never made it into port. We got the impression, MSC would be tendering each time in the future, but there is no way we can be sure. We did call them, Angela (the nicest MSC agent, said I could use her name), a few minutes ago, and asked again. Angela said MSC is supposed to dock in Key West & they had technical problems. I mentioned that we knew the day we boarded that Key West would be tendered, & that there was no mention of a technical problem. She repeated Key West was supoposed to dock.

Diane, http://cruiseclues.com
Old 02-16-2004, 10:08 AM

Hi Tom,
Diane had asked me to do the post above & I forgot to sign it. Another thing I forgot to mention was that a story going around the ship was that MSC did not want to pay the amount Key West was asking to dock. I spoke to one of the passengers, who claimed he spoke to some of the MSC management & that is what they said. No way to know about the truth of the statement, though, and many of the passengers were very angry.

Happy Cruising, Buil
Old 02-18-2004, 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ogg:
Diane, was the port of Key West missed because of not being able to dock a one time thing, or do you suspect this will be the norm? I am scheduled to debark the Lirica in Key West, drive to Miami and then fly to San Juan to pick up another group on the Adventure of the Seas all in the same day. If I can't get off the ship early, it could be az huge problem for me.

What do you think?

Tom

Found out that 01/04 cruise did not dock also. Read review at CruiseCritic.com, Ira Wiener sailed on this ship.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cruiseclues:
Hi Tom,
Diane had asked me to do the post above & I forgot to sign it. Another thing I forgot to mention was that a story going around the ship was that MSC did not want to pay the amount Key West was asking to dock. I spoke to one of the passengers, who claimed he spoke to some of the MSC management & that is what they said. No way to know about the truth of the statement, though, and many of the passengers were very angry.

Happy Cruising, Buil

That was our understanding as well. We were on the 01/26 sailing.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:47 PM

Hmmm, I am toast if I cannot get off early in Key West. Thanks for the input.

BTW, Buil, your site www.CruiseClues.com is looking good!

Tom
Old 02-22-2004, 10:43 AM

Tom,

We very genuinely thank you for your compliment. We added some additional info on our Lirica Key West page about the Key West Cruise Ship Port Schedule, which may be of help to you. We're going to call Key West tomorrow.

Happy Cruising, Buil
Old 02-22-2004, 04:08 PM

Oh man! This doesn't look good, does it? I am going to call as well.

Thanks for watching out for me.

Tom
Old 02-23-2004, 10:27 AM

Tom,

In case you haven't called, yet, we did get new 2004 information from the Lirica's docking agent & the person responsible for the keywestcity.com's Key West Cruise Port Schedule, which give the times & dates docking (to be corrected tomorrow). We placed the info on our Lirica Key West page. Apparently, Lirica's vist to Key West on April 11, 2004 is the only future date that Lirica is not going to be docked in Key West in 2004 (our visit on February 5th, 2004 was anchored).

Happy Cruising, Buil
Old 02-23-2004, 10:53 AM

NuHomes,

There was no Panama Canal itinerary cruise on the Lirica on January 4th. The Lirica was in on it's 18 day transatlantic westbound from Genoa, Italy to Ft Lauderdale, FL, leaving Genoa December 27, 2004. On January 4th, 2004, the Lirica would be in the middle of the Atlantic. You must have misinterpreted the 01/04 date on Ira Weiner's review (which is January 2004). Ira Wiener must have taken our cruise January 26, 2004. Ours was the first one to Key West.

Happy Cruising, Buil

Closed Thread

Tags
chamless, diane, expect, mary, queen