Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2005, 11:28 AM

We're thinking about taking our 16 year old son with us on this ship during February school break. I see that they do have activities for his age group during vacation times. Curious to hear from others who may have taken their teenagers on this ship. It's small, perhaps more upscale than some of the larger cruise lines, so I'm concerned that he would not have activities while on the ship. Any advice?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:28 AM

We're thinking about taking our 16 year old son with us on this ship during February school break. I see that they do have activities for his age group during vacation times. Curious to hear from others who may have taken their teenagers on this ship. It's small, perhaps more upscale than some of the larger cruise lines, so I'm concerned that he would not have activities while on the ship. Any advice?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:29 PM

I have not sailed on the Diamond, but have been on most of their other ships. There were not many children to be found on the sailings that I did, but each passenger load is different. I guess it would depend on his expectations. Would he be comfortable with a primarily adult passenger load?

Tom
Old 01-24-2005, 07:36 PM

He's a mature kid, but he's still a teenager who would like to spend time with kids his own age. I've been told that they have kids activities during the summer and holidays. We'll be traveling during the President's Day school break, so perhaps they may have some programs/kids on board. I'm going to call tomorrow to see.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:42 AM

I was aware that Radisson has a limited children's program on summer sailings in Alaska and the Baltic, but not sure about other times and itineraries. Radisson is definitely one of the lesser "child friendly" cruise lines and I doubt there will be many other teenagers on board at that time. I would love to hear what kind of report you get when you contact Radisson directly.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 AM

Thanks for the reply. We did hear back from Radisson. In total, there will be 5 kids on the ship. I think we're going to play it safe and take a Carnival cruise and postpone a Radisson Seven Seas cruise when our son is at camp this summer.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:39 AM

That's probably a wise decision. I know when my daughter was a teenager, she would have been disappointed if there weren't people of her age to socialize with.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Neds, as a parent, I know the ying and the yang of parenthood, but look at it this way. You guys really have something special to look forward to.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 01-28-2005, 12:02 PM

Neds,
I thought of you when I just posted an announcment from Radisson that they are cancelling all cruises on the Diamond after June 4. Hmmm, if cruising on the Diamond is a high priority for you - you might want to reconsider your decision to wait until summer.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-28-2005, 02:00 PM

We have friends who just had their Diamond cruise cancelled for this summer. We've decided to do the Carnival Miracle cruise. I think it will ensure a pleasant vacation for all. Thanks.

Closed Thread