Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 AM

Good morning, afternoon and good evening,

Please note that http://www.captainsvoyage.com is continously being updated to inlucde more picture galleries and information.

The discussion forum suffered for some time after an attack so memebership is now required to be able to read the topics and post replies. Membership is naturally free and how you can become a member is explained in detail on my website. Please sign up to enjoy the priviliges!

New to the forum is the subject ::: Royal Viking Line :::
A forum dedicated to the memory of those 3 great ships that once upon a time started the concept of luxury cruising. I'm hoping for stories, pictures and memories from that time when Royal Viking was in action.

SS Norway has also got her own home within the forum.

Travel (by air, road or stays at hotels around the world) are also found within the forum with some light competitions for everyone to participate.

The best way to experience, is to join today and participate in an effort to continously grow.

Welcome.

Best regards,
Jan-Olav Storli
Old 04-17-2006, 07:56 AM

Hello Jan-Olav,

excellent news. Hopefully many former RVL passengers and crew will be able to contribute to the forum.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Jan-Olav
Hey there Jan-Olav!
I wanted to let you know that these are also my favorite ships! My grandparents took many cruises on all three, before and after the lengthening! I have pictures, itineraries, postcards, glassware, daily weather reports a few letters form captains...etc..... I even have a pic of me in '74 (I was in first grade) I think on the sky at a bon voyage party in San Francisco. If you would like to get a hold of me let me know and I will go through it all and send you some fun memories!

Cheers

John-O
Old 05-02-2006, 05:14 AM

Hello John O...

I would very much be interested in seeing anything that you may have from the Royal Viking Line.

I'm not so wealthy that I can resurrect the cruise line but I surely would like to collect as much as I possibly can find on the first real luxury line.

I love the RVL, their traditions, ships, logo, spirit and everything that comes with that name.

With your permission I would like to post it under the Royal Viking - folder in my forum as well in order to share my love for those ships with others. You mare also welcome to share it on my forum also. I will surely pick it up there.

Thank you in advance for even wanting to share your stuff with me.

best regards,
Jan-Olav Storli
administrator http://www.captainsvoyage.com
admin@captainsvoyage.com
Old 05-24-2006, 12:50 PM

For all of the Royal Viking Line aficionados - we mustn't forget that the HAL MS Prinsendam was once the Royal Viking SUN and is touted to be the "elegant" RTW cruiser for HAL.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:43 PM

Ooooppsss... found my old post. Unfortunately, I have not been able to recover many images of these wonderful ships - including also the fourth and fifth ship (The Sun and the Queen).

I have found out though, that there aren't many good quality images of the Royal Viking Queen in her RVL - livery...

If anyone has any pictures on any of the 5 RV ships in their past days or present liveries, please take a moment and share them there.

Looking forward to all images.

Jan-Olav Storli
Old 08-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Jan-Olav

Hello Jan-Olav, I was working on the Royal Viking Star for 3 years 1973/6, I have quite a few photos of her and the R V Sea and R V Sky, I will dig them out and post some of them on the site.

cheers Frank
Old 09-29-2006, 01:04 AM

Just wanted to let you all know that FrankP has supplied CaptainsVoyage Online Magazine with some absolutely stunning images from Royal Viking which I strongly recommend all RVL-fans to see.

I'm forever impressed.

Closed Thread

Tags
crew, cruise, forum, line, lne, logo, member, review, reviews, royal, star, sun, thailand, viking, vkng