Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM

Has anybody booked or are thinking about booking on easyCruise (http://www.easyCruise.com) in the eastern Caribbean this winter? What do you think of the concept and the prices? Is it worth a try?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM

Has anybody booked or are thinking about booking on easyCruise (http://www.easyCruise.com) in the eastern Caribbean this winter? What do you think of the concept and the prices? Is it worth a try?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:34 AM

Jonney,

it does sound very appealing as far as the price is concerned. However, due to the fact that virtually everything costs extra and because the product itself is extremely basic, I'm sure most people (with the probable exception of die-hard youth hostel fans) should consider booking a "real cruise", instead. Personally, I would not take a "cruise" on that ship if easyCruise paid me for it!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-27-2005, 12:52 PM

Hi

I think we've spoken before?
Aren't you the guy from channel 4 who was researching the easycruise documentary?

If you are after an honest assesment a few months on, let us know transparently and we can probably help.

Fair enough if the comment is just out of interest, but if you are looking for new tv material be a little more upfront, please!

No offence intended of course, just recognised the name from last time.

Kind regards

Rosey
Old 10-27-2005, 12:54 PM

Ps.

It would actually be very interesting if the likes of myself or Raoul were paid to try it! seriously, i don't need free holidays (its what i do for a living) so im not on the blag, just thought that would make GREAT tv!

See ya
Old 10-27-2005, 12:58 PM

Rosey,

boy, they would have to have a very deep pocket in order to convince me to give their product a try.

But when I think about it... Stelios has a deep pocket!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 AM

Rosey - Just interested to know what people think of the cruiseline after it's first season - not trying to hide anything, hence using my full name on the post.

Would you or other experienced cruisers not be tempted to try out the ship when Stelios is selling Caribbean Cruises from less than US$10 per night?

"Cruise With Stelios", charting the first season of life onboard easyCruiseOne is currently being broadcast on "Sky Television" ("Sky One", "Sky Mix" and "Sky Travel") in the UK and the "Travel Channel" in the US.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:27 AM

Hi Jonney

I have seen several documentations about easycruise. This has for me nothing to do with the special feeling of cruising.
We have here a wonderful thread:
http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...2/m/5711039951

Read this and you know whats important for us and why we cruise.
Easycruise in the mediterranian are some stops for only a few hours in a port. The cabins are not more than a bed without closet. No housekeeping, expensive and not good food and because they named some prices on tv I could compare it to a normal cruise, where you get a good deal. Its not cheaper. We are going on a transatlantic cruise and I made a claculation for you. It costs about 58 Euro per day on board plus the flights to Barcelona and back from Houston to Germany. And there is almost everything included and compared to easycruise really luxurious.

So, thats my opinion, based on tv-documentations and calculations.

Best regards
Marita

Old 10-28-2005, 07:41 AM

Every ship has its market and I am sure that EasyCruise will thrive in theirs, however most experienced cruisers are just not of the mindset to be enticed by a cheap price. Quality and value are the motivating factors.

Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 10-29-2005, 01:38 AM

Hi

I think that by asking whether we would consider it at 10$ per night, that you are probably missing the point.
Yes when I choose a cruise I look for a good price, but this is in terms of value for money, not just plain cheap.

I doubt if many Europeans would be interested in the caribbean itinerarys knowing that they would have to pay for their flights and food on top, once these have been added in, you may just as well take a regular cruise, or an all inclusive package.

I still fail to see the appeal.

The concept is ok and does have amarket, but several mistakes were made, in my opinion.
-those awful cabins, colour, lack of storage etc
-Blocking out windows so majority are 'inside' was a BIG mistake
-Maid service, you would get this in even a budget city hotel
-Include at least breakfast, same as above
-have an add on flight/transfer service, optional, but may help win some over, not just your DIYers. Use you own airline, how hard would that be?
-Upgrade the image, selling as cheap alone will work for one or two seasons but what happens when these people have tried it?
-Sell as a viable alternative to a citybreak, with the same inclusions..
..just my opinion, but may open up market a little.

Regards

Rosey

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, transatlantic, winter