Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 03:33 PM

hi raoul.i am going on the sunbird on the 8th may do you think that will be a problem with what going on
Old 04-29-2004, 05:38 AM

Hi Art,

no, I don't think so. Louis will be keeping the crew and you really should not be noticing any of the above mentioned changes.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-03-2004, 11:56 AM

We are booked on the Sunbird for July and is our first cruise. What is the expected dress code for the formal nights. Suit,Tuxedo,Smart Casual,Highland Dress?
Please advise.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Banned

Ali: We have cruised the Sunbird three times. My husband always takes one dark suit and another sports-coat, two if we were going for two weeks. You won't see too many tuxs', but there will be a few. I take party dresses and a gold slinky jacket that goes with most of them. A shawl is handy and light to pack too. You will have your picture taken on formal night when you meet the captain. You also have your picture done with the captain too. It is a small ship compared to the newer ones out there now, but she sails beautifully, and the staff is great. Have a great time. We'll miss her this winter.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:11 PM

Can anyone please help put my mind at rest. I am booked on the Seawing on 18th July for our first cruise but apparently with the turn over the ship has been arrested due to financial difficulties but I am assured it will sail on the dates offered until end summer 2004. If anyone knows if any schedualed sailings have occured for this vessel in recent weeks it would be of a great help as I know for a fact that the may 2nd cruise was cancelled. Thankyou in advance.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:06 AM

Hello Simon,

the "Seawing" is a different story from the rest of the Sun Cruises fleet. She has been chartered by the financially tumbling Royal Olympic Cruise Lines but Sun Cruises continues to operate her for the major part of the year. ROCL creditors have repeatedly tried to arrest her.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-06-2004, 12:24 PM

thank you Raoul for such a prompt reply. However I am sorry to say that the seawing will not sail on May 9th or 16th due to undercarriage!! problems. I am now considering a refund action, any advice as it sounds from my tour operator that the seawing may probably not sail all summer.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM

Hello Simon,

with the "Seawing's" troublesome situation, it might be a good idea to do that. You might want to ask your travel agent to inquire about a possible transfer of your booking to a differnt Sun Cruises ship.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-06-2004, 02:04 PM

Once again thank you for kind reply. I have taken your advice & my tour operator is phoning me in the morning re: a refund or change of boat/cruise destination. I will post updates as soon as I hear as I believe all customers should be made aware of this quite shocking situation reguarding Seawing, at the moment all travel agents are still taking bookings but cannot confirm definate departure dates will take place...you have been warned!

Closed Thread