Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2003, 06:46 AM

Miami, FL, July 16, 2003 - One week into her inaugural voyage, Oceania Cruises' M/S Regatta is receiving rave reviews from guests onboard. Having set sail from Barcelona, Spain on July 5th, guests have spent their first week sleeping in Oceania Cruises' exclusive Tranquility Beds, sampling Regatta's culinary delights in the four, open seating, gourmet restaurants and exploring enchanting ports of call.

Guests are so pleased, many of them have already written letters and e-mails to Oceania Cruises to express how much they are enjoying their experience onboard Regatta and at least 80 guests aboard the inaugural voyage have booked future cruises.

"The food is outstanding, attention to detail is excellent, the staff to passenger ratio is phenomenal. It's also the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at sea." -J. Neilsen

"Beautiful ship! Elegant and luxurious accommodations, superb and friendly service. The menu in the Grand Dining Room is excellent,
imaginative, beautifully presented and overall, exquisite." -A. Lawrence

"This cruise has been spectacular and has exceeded all of my expectations." -A. Cenedella

"The beds are so comfortable, the sheets are so gorgeous, and the staff is friendly and wonderful. The waiters are absolutely charming!" -C. Sabitini

"The cruise is wonderful and ship is lovely, personnel are friendly and eager to please." --M. Silk

"We had a wonderful time on the cruise and everything worked well. The food is great, ports of call very interesting, staff outstanding. My
experience on the Regatta has met and exceeded all expectations." --B. Coggin

"The ship is great, food wonderful and those beds!!!! I cannot say enough about how comfortable they are." -L. Duggan

"Love the attitude of your staff, no other ship has come close to it! On other ships, most just pass you by. Here, they smile, make comments and
call you by name." -P. Fletcher

Joe Watters, Chairman of Oceania Cruises, commented," We're delivering everything we said the Oceania Cruises experience would be. We know what experienced cruisers are looking for; the finest cuisine, destination-oriented itineraries and a casually elegant environment. The ship is very warm and inviting; the suites and staterooms are plush and comfortable. And the crew is the friendliest at sea."

Frank Del Rio, President and CEO, added, "We've taken extraordinary measures to ensure that our guests are treated to the finest cruise experience possible. Our staff has been hand picked and every aspect of the Oceania Cruises experience has been meticulously crafted with the utmost care". Del Rio, along with Chairman Joe Watters, was aboard the Regatta for the first seven days of the inaugural voyage, personally ensuring that all facets of the cruise experience met their demanding and exacting standards. "Oceania Cruises is everything we promised, and then some," added Del Rio.

Oceania Cruises features two intimate and luxurious 684 passenger ships, REGATTA and INSIGNIA. Oceania Cruises is setting a new, worldwide standard for luxury cruising with the finest cuisine at sea, exceptional personalized service, grand style, and luxurious accommodations offered at an affordable price.

Regatta's sold out summer season sees her cruising throughout Northern Europe and Russia before repositioning to the Western Mediterranean for
the fall season. On November 25th, Regatta will begin her inaugural season of voyages to the Exotic Caribbean, Panama Canal and Central
America with convenient departures from Miami and Los Angeles.

For additional information on Oceania Cruises or to make a reservation please contact your Travel Agent. To request a brochure, call 800-531-5658 or visit www.OceaniaCruises.com
Old 07-18-2003, 06:46 AM

Miami, FL, July 16, 2003 - One week into her inaugural voyage, Oceania Cruises' M/S Regatta is receiving rave reviews from guests onboard. Having set sail from Barcelona, Spain on July 5th, guests have spent their first week sleeping in Oceania Cruises' exclusive Tranquility Beds, sampling Regatta's culinary delights in the four, open seating, gourmet restaurants and exploring enchanting ports of call.

Guests are so pleased, many of them have already written letters and e-mails to Oceania Cruises to express how much they are enjoying their experience onboard Regatta and at least 80 guests aboard the inaugural voyage have booked future cruises.

"The food is outstanding, attention to detail is excellent, the staff to passenger ratio is phenomenal. It's also the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at sea." -J. Neilsen

"Beautiful ship! Elegant and luxurious accommodations, superb and friendly service. The menu in the Grand Dining Room is excellent,
imaginative, beautifully presented and overall, exquisite." -A. Lawrence

"This cruise has been spectacular and has exceeded all of my expectations." -A. Cenedella

"The beds are so comfortable, the sheets are so gorgeous, and the staff is friendly and wonderful. The waiters are absolutely charming!" -C. Sabitini

"The cruise is wonderful and ship is lovely, personnel are friendly and eager to please." --M. Silk

"We had a wonderful time on the cruise and everything worked well. The food is great, ports of call very interesting, staff outstanding. My
experience on the Regatta has met and exceeded all expectations." --B. Coggin

"The ship is great, food wonderful and those beds!!!! I cannot say enough about how comfortable they are." -L. Duggan

"Love the attitude of your staff, no other ship has come close to it! On other ships, most just pass you by. Here, they smile, make comments and
call you by name." -P. Fletcher

Joe Watters, Chairman of Oceania Cruises, commented," We're delivering everything we said the Oceania Cruises experience would be. We know what experienced cruisers are looking for; the finest cuisine, destination-oriented itineraries and a casually elegant environment. The ship is very warm and inviting; the suites and staterooms are plush and comfortable. And the crew is the friendliest at sea."

Frank Del Rio, President and CEO, added, "We've taken extraordinary measures to ensure that our guests are treated to the finest cruise experience possible. Our staff has been hand picked and every aspect of the Oceania Cruises experience has been meticulously crafted with the utmost care". Del Rio, along with Chairman Joe Watters, was aboard the Regatta for the first seven days of the inaugural voyage, personally ensuring that all facets of the cruise experience met their demanding and exacting standards. "Oceania Cruises is everything we promised, and then some," added Del Rio.

Oceania Cruises features two intimate and luxurious 684 passenger ships, REGATTA and INSIGNIA. Oceania Cruises is setting a new, worldwide standard for luxury cruising with the finest cuisine at sea, exceptional personalized service, grand style, and luxurious accommodations offered at an affordable price.

Regatta's sold out summer season sees her cruising throughout Northern Europe and Russia before repositioning to the Western Mediterranean for
the fall season. On November 25th, Regatta will begin her inaugural season of voyages to the Exotic Caribbean, Panama Canal and Central
America with convenient departures from Miami and Los Angeles.

For additional information on Oceania Cruises or to make a reservation please contact your Travel Agent. To request a brochure, call 800-531-5658 or visit www.OceaniaCruises.com
Old 07-20-2003, 08:31 AM

Tom, your review was very interesting. We are going from Sweden to London in a few weeks on Oceania. Is there anything else you can tell me about how things are going? Sometime inaugural seasons are not very smooth. What else have you heard?
Thanks, cb
Old 07-21-2003, 08:26 PM

I have not received any formal reviews on her yet, but everything I hear is extremely positive. I am sailing on her this September and will write a thorough review for CR (lots of pictures too).

Have a great cruise and I hope you will share your experience when you get back and write a review.

Tom
Old 07-22-2003, 06:13 PM

Thanks for your reply Tom. I will certainly post my thoughts when we return. We sailed on Ren and dearly loved it so I was happy to see the boats have been purchased and will be put to use.
I do have another question for you. We will be going the Sweden to London route and I am wondering how many of the ports a person can do independently. We do not speak any of the foreign languages, but have traveled in Japan on our own and language did not hold us back. What are your thought on this? I appreciate your insight.
Thanks, Cb
Old 07-23-2003, 08:27 AM

Great question! Here is what I think about which ports you can do on your own.

Stockholm: Yes! You can easily do this port on your own. I would go in a couple of days early as there is much to see and do here.

Mariehamn: I have not visited this port yet so don’t know. Please do a port review on it when you get back.

Helsinki: No problem…..read the PortRevew.com on this city as getting to the rock church may be challenging if you are out of shape

St. Petersburg: If you do not have a Russian visa you must take the ship’s tours (not a bad thing) If you do have a visa, make sure you have an English speaking guide. The taxi drivers do not speak English and you will not be happy. It is best to arrange for a driver/guide before arriving in Russia

Tallinn: Yes! Old Town is within easy walking distance from the port. Buy, Buy, Buy!

Copenhagen: Yes! Read PortReviews.com for a detailed walk into Copenhagen from the pier visiting the various sights of Copenhagen.

Oslo: Yes again!

Amsterdam: Assuming that you will dock near the train station downtown, yes! If you dock at the commercial terminal, take the ship's tours as most of the taxi drivers have no idea how to find the ship on the return

Zeebrugge: Getting to Brugge (20 miles away and is a hassle) as there are few taxis. There is a kicak bus in Zeebrugge and also train connections. The easiest way is to take the ship's transfer or a sightseeing tour (depending on your tolerance for pain) or work something else out . If it is a sunny day and you want to go to the beach. Zeebrugge has an excellent one with lots of restaurants and bars to boot. It is about a 1-2 mile walk into the beach area of Zebrugge (depending on where the ship docks.)

Have a great cruise!

Tom (using a new browser so CC doesn't recognize me

[This message was edited by Tom Ogg on July 23, 2003 at 08:40 AM.]

Closed Thread

Tags
brugge, inaugural, locationms, oceania, regatta, regattaoceania