Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2005, 03:06 AM

Hi fellow cruise-chatters,
Lately I have been hearing a lot about this cruise line and some of its very diverse and interesting itineraries. I have read the reviews on CruiseReviews, but would love to hear more. Anyone out there with opinions, thoughts or comments they would be willing to share?
Old 07-24-2005, 03:38 AM

EnjoyLife,

I sailed onboard Oceania's "Regatta" in Fall, 2003. A full, very comprehensive review with lots of pictures is available here:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/oceania-rega...uise/index.htm

I must say that I loved the Oceania experience. There were a couple of "not so good things", as well (please see my review), but then I have yet to find the perfect cruise ship and experience (I am rather sure I won't succeed in finding it). The food was the best I have ever had on a cruise, and the service was remarkable, especially given the fact that the ship had only been in service with Oceania for a couple of months when I was onboard.

I can't tell you than what's included in my review, but if there are some specific questions, I will of course try to help.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-26-2005, 06:48 PM

EnjoyLife, I also had a small group on the Regatta on the same sailing as Raoul. Here is a link to the review of the ship.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Oceania/Regatta1.htm

The Regatta (and Oceania) is a wonderful line reminiscent of Renaissance Cruises, only much better. The experience is definitely 5-star with the exception of the cabin size itself. It offers excellent itineraries and great pricing for what it is. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail them on any itinerary or ship.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Tom
Old 07-27-2005, 05:47 PM

Wow Tom, GREAT review. That would be a very nice ship to think about for the member cruise. Sounds wonderful.

Raoul, great pictures! Wie viele Cruises machst Du in einem Jahr? Du gehst in zwei Wochen wieder und Du bist erst zuruck gekommen letzte Woche. Das ist aber schoen.

I wish I had your lives, boys! What kind of businesses are you in that you are able to cruise so much, or is this your business? I guess a lot of people work to live, right? I love my work but I have to get out of here once every three months or I lose it.

Countdown continues.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:37 PM

Carlaena, everyone enjoys what they do, or they wouldn't do it. I agree with you that Oceania would be a great choice for some of the CR/CC group cruises. BTW, which do you like to be called Carla, or Carlaena?

Still waiting to read your Elation review (I know I have to wait until you actually take the cruise)

Tom
Old 07-28-2005, 06:53 PM

Carla C. (no i never sailed on her- she was looking like a scow when I first saw her in St. Thomas when I was 11! I can't believe how long that ship was in service- do you know how long? Did you ever have any experience with Costa?) Brown, middle name Elena
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 PM

I cruised the Carla C on her second to last sailing. She was listing about 6 degrees and was having a difficult time keeping up. My family was in an outside cabin on the Promenade deck directly below the ice cream machine. It leaked all night and it took us days before we figured out what what going on. There were people looking in our window all night. Of course we had several skits that we performed when they did, which is why more kept coming, I would suspect.

I have so many memories of that cruise that it would be difficult to describe them all. However, I loved the experience. There was everything to complain about on that cruisze, but my wife, son and I decided to have a great time. We did. It is funny you mention the Carla C. She has been gone for some time now and she was very special....kind of an end to an era.

Tom
Old 07-29-2005, 04:36 AM

Yes. I would obviously always look for her. She was always coughing black smoke out of her stack and had black soot all over her as well.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:56 AM

The pool area was aft and there was a sun deck right above it, but behind the funnel. After a period of sunning, one would have several black spots on them from the soot emitted from the stack. It was everywhere on both decks.

Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 01:13 PM

My wife and are mid-50s and have cruised over 20 times. We took Oceania last summer in the Med and have now booked our 'trip of a lifetime' with Oceania next winter. We will do the trip from Greece to Hong Kong. We were die hard Celebrity customers and still like that line, but Oceania is several steps up. The ship was fantastic, the food outstanding and the diningroom service truely top notch. Other stong points include the library and on/off procedures. No waiting at all.

Weaknesses include entertainment and cost of internet access. We used the premium restaurants often and were very impressed although we did have poor service one night in the steakhouse.

Outstanding!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, line, oceania, reviews