Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 03:43 PM

Has anyone else been having a hard time getting information about the status of "La Mer", a cruise ship that is reportedly being built by Windjammer Barefoot cruises? I bought a timeshare on it, and can never get Windjammer to return any Calls or emails regarding it's status and I'm getting concerned. Capt Fustercluck
Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 AM

I was hoping someone was starting to organize some sort of group to find out what is going on with the La Mer. Like you, I can get no response from them. Perhaps if we present a group front, and mention things like "Class Action Suit", they will be more responsive. Right now they are trying to get everyone to take their cruises on other Windhjammer ships-a ripoff. Please keep me posted.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:53 AM

Not to burst your bubble, but most things on the internet are not encouraging. If you know someone in Florida, looks like a Fort Lauderdale phone number, maybe they could check it out for you. One post I read stated that the LaMer was the old Discoverer and she is in the shipyard in Trinidad. The post stated that there had been no work performed on her and they were out of money. Doesn't sound good. Best Wishes!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 PM

I was just on the SV Legacy May 19-23 and the captain said about 2 more years until it is ready.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:03 AM

I also bought into La Mer a couple of years ago. I have been on 9 Windjammer cruises. The attraction for me when I bought was the size and the range. I had anticipated cruises in the South Pacific and the Mediterranian. I really don't think it will ever sail! I believe the current sail campaign is to cover their tails for those of us who have already invested. I would like to see them come clean with the truth!! I love Windjammer and will continue to sail with them. I just hate to be taken for an expensive ride!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Fustercluck:
Has anyone else been having a hard time getting information about the status of "La Mer", a cruise ship that is reportedly being built by Windjammer Barefoot cruises? I bought a timeshare on it, and can never get Windjammer to return any Calls or emails regarding it's status and I'm getting concerned. Capt Fustercluck
Old 06-26-2006, 09:20 AM

It is near impossible to get information. I have seen the ship in Trinidad and if it sails in my lifetime I will be surprised. According to Alice we were suppose to have a newslatter sometime early spring. I am still waiting for it. At this point I feel we have been taken.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:25 AM

I agree--it is a rip-off. I like Windjammer but the other ships are no match for the LaMer that we bought into. They also try to cheat you out os a night. I was looking at longer cruises and new destinations. I was just on the Polysinia-the crew as always was very good. The activities director was a lost cause-no personality, no information, did not mix, etc. The cabin had bugs. How many coats of paint can haold the thing together. The Poly is retired in 2010 if it holds together that long.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, la, lamer, mer, mere, ship, windjammer