Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   All Other Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Regent Voyager in drydock...future cruises? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/2814-regent-voyager-drydock-future-cruises.html)

alexandra cruiser 10-17-2010 08:16 AM

We have Novem 23 cruise booked...just learned surfing web,,,ship is in drydock in France and 2 past cruises were CANCELLED....anyone have up to date info re this???I m worried...ship still in Europe and cruise from Ft.Lauderdale....

Cruise Fanatic 10-17-2010 08:54 AM

The ship is having propulsion problems and is in Athens. The October 17th cruise was cancelled. Regent has been generously compensating those affected. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point with your cruise a whole month off.

alexandra cruiser 10-21-2010 07:42 AM

Just checked and ship STILL in drydock in Marseilles ,,,acc.to Regent email,,,,should be ready for Oct.27 cruise...but will feel much better when its moving and on scedule....and there s a thread on another website for those that aren T happy with Regents reimbursement policy for the cancelled cruises...so not all agree with your statement....

Cruise Fanatic 10-21-2010 08:29 AM

Obviously, the ship was moved after the report that I read. What's important is it gets fixed, not where it's at. Since you are booked on the ship you are getting direct emails. I'm glad to see the cruise line is keeping those informed who have future sailing. I hope it is fixed for your sailing, still one month off.

No doubt, there are those not happy with the compensation for the cancelled cruises. As always, there are those that are NEVER satisfied. The cruise line gave full refunds AND a $1000 credit for a future cruise.

alexandra cruiser 10-22-2010 07:52 AM

I agree,,many never happy with refunds,,main problem seems to be those that want refunds on cruise line insurance policy fare..also,,, sorry but NOT receiving email updates,,,,have found those on other cruise website blogs,etc...have NOT heard ANYTHING from Regent personally ...Did receive my cruise documents,,,and HOPE I ll be able to use them....as I said,,will feel MUCH better when ship is back sailing....sure rest of passengers booked on future cruises,will feel the same...

alexandra cruiser 10-27-2010 07:10 AM

Good news,,,Voyager is fixed and ready to leave on cruise from Athens,,,so happy for those of us worrying about our future cruises....

Sandy 10-27-2010 02:30 PM

That's great news. Now you can stop worrying and start enjoying the anticipation of your cruise.

alexandra cruiser 12-03-2010 12:20 PM

Just got back from Voyager to Eastern Caribbean...liked most of cruise,,,but ship has a real vibration problem in aft....heard about this before and sadly worse than I thought....Will try other ships with Regent since I like food,service,cabin space,and most of all the TUB...future cruiser just be aware of this,,,some bothered,,others not...guess "princess and pea syndrome""???