Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM

My wife and I are 4 time Princess and 1 time Celebrity cruiser (loving cruising!). After an all inclusive Celbrity cruise at Galapagos, we decided that “all inclusive” is going to be “all us” from now on and have a 12 day Caribbean cruise booked on Regents March 11, 09.

For more than a month now, the "Already Booked" portal on the RCCS official web-site has been "under constrution" making any electronic access to, or entry of, personal information impossible.

Our travel agent claims it has no more access to specific cruise info than what we have (=0) and have pointed us to call Regents

With no information about cabin number, able to reserve shore excursions, entering passport type and required personal info electronically, we had no choice but to call Regents.

That turned out to be like calling you cable-company!, routing you through several choices to at random sending you to be cut off or to a phone mail. Where you can leave a message

Finally got a call-back from a "real person" after playing phone. The person had no idea when the web site would be up, as she told me the company had recently changed platforms and for some reason the “already booked” section was lagging behind for more than a month. She did not know when it would on line because that was managed by another entity and her department was told nothing, 2) She could email me the forms to put personal information on and for me to Fax them back and 3) if I told her out of the 50 or so shore excursion offered on this cruise I liked, she could give me the prices.

Thanks! - but my wife and I like to look at the shore excursions in the context of pricing before deciding whether to go with them or do our own arrangements - not something we really appreciate doing on the fly on the phone.

She emailed me a "Guest Information Form" requesting information only as if you are either a U.S. citizen or foreigner - no room for U.S. Permanent Residents which we happen to be, and with the information required for either foreigners or citizens not being appropriate for our not entirely unique situation.

We also heard from others that we would be able to enter preferences for our Butler Service (on-line of course!), which is part of our suite class, except, no such luck when the web-site is down from when you order the cruise until, it seems, you leave..

All in all not a good beginning experience with Regents for something that by all accounts should be a wonderful experience, from planning thee cruise – to actually cruising, and not something I would expect from a cruise line that supposedly caters to the “Upscale” traveler? And who have heard of a major company who’s business very much is tied to the internet having their customer care portal down for months? I work for a an 11,000+ customer oriented business and such would be absolutely unheard of!!

Sorry to be such a whiner - but are we just unlucky or do other upcoming Regents cruisers have the same problems?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:51 AM

Hi Bo, welcome to Cruise-Chat. With management trying to cut corners in every walk of life, no doubt the web page redesign was given to a contractor who may or may not have the expertise to do the job. Judging from what the representative told you, my guess is that they do not have the expertise. I would, however, hope that everything that can be done on-line can be done via the phone. After the representative sends you the excursion information, I'm sure you can narrow down your choices to a few and they can give you prices for them. This problem is definitely huge for Regents, and I'm sure they're working on correcting it.

We, the users, have become very accustom to doing everything on-line. There were days, not too long ago, that on-line was not heard of. I'm sure they're sorry for the inconvenience and will do their best to make your experience the best they can.

Hope we hear a good report after your cruise. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 AM

In early December, Regent's IT pro abruptly left the company and the result left their IT program/website redesign in turmoil..since early December Regent has been plagued with IT challenges affecting the content of their website, excursion/restaurant reservations, et.al.,. It has affected clients who are trying to confirm restaurant reservations, make excursion reservations or get refunds for
cruise delays (e.g TA in December 08 which was extended a day, and the follow on cruise which was delayed a day). The good news is Regent's has improved their IT system, the website is further updated and they return calls (according to cruise chat boards) sooner.

Empathize with your expectation for better service from a Luxury line..we have sailed with them on seven cruises and enjoy Regent.

Recommmend you have your Trvl Agent continue
to press your personal interests (guest form,
reservations).

Here are some tips as you board the Navigator (we have sailed her twice)

--you can board about noon...on boarding you will get a welcome glass of champagne, register, then go have a relaxing lunch and tour the ship from top to bottom or vice a versa...and your cabin should be ready.
--if you want to make appointments in the spa..a sea day is a good day for a massage, etc..pls make your appointment shortly after you board. We use the spa daily for
a steam bath or sauna (free of charge)
--if you want a special bedding, softdrink or liquor for your room..just let your steward or stewardess know when you meet them after you board.
--ask for the Heidsick champagne vs the Regent Champagne for your cabin..we like to have champagne at every port we sail away from, toast on the balcony...if you would like to do the same, ask for champagne on ice (from room service)three hours before you disembark from each port.
--if you enjoy your Regent cruise, see the crusie consultant during your cruise and consider making another booking you will get a 5% off your next cuise--an onboard discount.
--Check the laundry facilities out on your deck...if you need to you can do laundry
before the end of your cruise at no cost (early a.m. is a good time to do laundry)
--if you can't make excursion reservations online before your cruise...suggest you go
to guest relations on boarding and confirm or make your selected excursions (altho you
may be familiar w/cc ports threads and find private excursions (at better prices) for
Grand Cayman and Key West, et.al.
--As a new Regent cruiser, if you want to use the internet they will have packages
100 min or 250 min..these are a better deal than paying each time you use the computer.
--if you have your choice ask for a cabin mid ship, recommend selecting a cabin forward
of the laundry rooms on each deck..the Nav has a vibration problem (that may or may not bother you) aft. The vibration is pronounced aft and in the ala carte restaurant, portofino's.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Thank you for the update ColonelWes, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm told that the new "soft" date for re-opening Regent's web site for guest input is March 2. I've also been told that they have had soft dates before that obviously have not come to pass. Maybe March 2 is the charm.

Sandy
Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM

Very sorry to hear of your problems with internet access to RSSC. Whatever my TA couldn't get done for us I was able to with noe difficulty. We completed the passenger info form and booked our shore excursions. Our cruise is in 2 weeks --9/04 - 9/11 from Monte Carlo to Athens. If other cruisers are on this cruise and want to get in touch with us please do.

Aloha from Hawaii!
Tim
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 AM

Hi hulaboi, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you so much for your update. Hope you had a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
access, book, cruise, cruises, excursion, form, guest, inforegentit, internet, laundry, line, personal, ratings, regent, reports, reviews