Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM

Hi all,

My parents are cruising for the first time in May. They are travelling with a group on the MSC Fantasia out of Barcelona. I have cruised before (Royal Caribbean) but never with MSC. I have some questions below, if anyone could help with that would be fantastic!

What is the dress code in the dining room? Are there formal nights, is it strictly black tie or is a normal suit for men acceptable?
Are all meals (with the exception of the speciality restaurant) served in the dining room or is there a buffet similar to RCCL’s Windjammer?
Is there a flat fee for the speciality restaurants? Cost?
My parents love dancing, is there dancing on board? Types of music?
Can you purchase a soda card?
What kind of shops are on board?
Does anyone have some real life photographs outside of what is in the brochure?
Any other insider tips that would help!!

Thank you all and enjoy your cruises!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM

I wish I could answer all of your questions, but have not cruised with MSC. I have cruised with Costa, and it was pretty much the same as any other cruise. With the exceptions being, every announcement was made in 5 languages, most of the crew spoke English as their second language (but you could get help or questions answered), the food was heavily influenced by Italian cuisine (which I love), and the atmosphere was like a huge Italian family dinner party (which I adored). The dress codes were similar to any other line we've sailed on, they did have a formal night, but they also had a toga night (which was a blast). I think your parents will have a ball if they go without any preconceived ideas and can go with the flow. I'm sure there are some members that have cruised MSC and can answer more of your questions. If their ships are anything like Costa's, they'll be beautiful. The shops were like those on Royal, Princess, NCL, Carnival, HAL. Since they've not cruised before, they'll have nothing to be saying "xyz lines doesn't do this, this way", so I don't see how they can't have a fabulous experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
03, barcelona, cruise, cruises, fantasia, formal, forum, lines, marzo, msc, nights, number, partenza, questions, review, reviews