Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 12:15 PM

Hello all

First timer on Cruise West Gems of Costa Rica this November. Any advice/tips from experienced cruisers to this area would be appreciated!
Regards
Buck Fairbanks
buckfairbanks@hotmail.com
Old 08-26-2005, 05:07 PM

Sorry, Buck, missed your post as you got "walked on." I haven't been to that area, but have been on Cruise West. If you want further information on that score, feel free to send me a PM. Also, there is at least one review in cruisereviews.com about this ship.

Costa Rica has a lot of variety - not just beaches, but volcanoes, jungles, etc. If you are adventurous, you could consider doing a treetop tour; river rafting is also a possibility there. And it's one of the world's top spots for birding.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Its a good stop. We have both east and west coasts. You will feel quite comfortable and I would adivse picking up local tours vs what you may see offered on your ship. Local tours to volcano are long days. The tree top/swing bridge trails are terrific. We also did a river/canal boat trip out of port limon with was nice. We found it on the internet. Have fun.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:16 PM

Cruise West is a bit different from the other cruise lines, as far as what is offered onshore. They will have an onboard naturalist along who leads hikes in some spots, and it's possible they may make some beach stops at private beaches.

Closed Thread