Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 06:40 PM

We are cruising on the Sovereign of the seas in March. This is our first cruise and I have alot of questions. Our cruise was booked through a group and a travel agent through work. My sister inlaw is joining us and we are bring our son and they are sharing a room. She is traveling from another state and is meeting us in Orlando. My first concern is departing the ship on the last day. I need to make sure that my sons time of departing is the same as mine and not my sister inlaws since our flights are not at all the same and she is flying out before us. We would also like to request that we can be seated at the same table for dinner. We were informed by our travel agent that the price was more for the room when it is booked, because it included graditudes. How is this paid to the proper people and how do they know where it came from? Any advice for 1st time cruise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:40 PM

We are cruising on the Sovereign of the seas in March. This is our first cruise and I have alot of questions. Our cruise was booked through a group and a travel agent through work. My sister inlaw is joining us and we are bring our son and they are sharing a room. She is traveling from another state and is meeting us in Orlando. My first concern is departing the ship on the last day. I need to make sure that my sons time of departing is the same as mine and not my sister inlaws since our flights are not at all the same and she is flying out before us. We would also like to request that we can be seated at the same table for dinner. We were informed by our travel agent that the price was more for the room when it is booked, because it included graditudes. How is this paid to the proper people and how do they know where it came from? Any advice for 1st time cruise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:50 PM

The first step you need to take is contact the travel agent. He/she should be able to take care of your flight concerns and your dining requests (If you have made them aware of your needs). You did not mention the age of your son. If you were all booked at the same time, from the same gateway city, and he is a minor there should not be a problem. If he is not a minor, you may need to use their custom air service (for a fee). If you are concerned that the travel agent has not communicated with RCI regarding your air arrangements - you can contact RCI yourself at 1-800-256-6649 (You will need your booking/confirmation number).
As for dining requests, if you get onboard and find that you are not seated at the same table, see the maitre'd. Check with the purser, but there is usually a table set up in a common area to handle all dining requests and changes before the first seating.
Finally, the question regarding gratuities: If you have prepaid your gratuities your dining room table assignment and cabin number are in the computer. Your gratuities are posted directly to the account of the staff assigned to that cabin and table. They are aware that you have tipped them. If you have exceptional service you can always choose to provide additional gratuities personally.
Hope I have answered all your concerns. Relax, and have a good time -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
agenthow, cruise, linestravel, paid