Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 04:28 AM

Hi all,
First time cruiser, booked on the Costa Marina this September 24th, Trieste-Bari-Corfu-Valletta-Naples-Savona, does anyone have any tips for me about the ship, dress codes & ports of call-has anyone been on this ship if so did you enjoy it?
Please help

Ann MT
Old 06-19-2006, 06:17 AM

Hi Ann,

I've sailed Costa twice, once on the Marina and once on the Classica. We did a different itinerary on the Marina (either Greek Islands or Baltic, can't remember which was which ship).

When sailing in Europe, the passengers are mostly European, since Costa's headquarters are in Italy and they market heavily to Europe. On our cruise, fewer than 10% of the passengers were English speakers. All announcements are made in 5 languages, and the ship's personnel are all multi-lingual. The entertainment at night is not language based, although the introductions are also done in several languages! There are cabaret-type shows, singers, we even saw a wonderful puppet show.

We enjoyed the atmosphere a lot, and got to talk to many people from many other countries. The one thing we noticed was how many smokers there were onboard. On our particular cruise, we had a problem with a lot of vibration in the dining room, but this was several years ago and I think that problem has been fixed. We enjoyed the food although it wasn't what I'd call "gourmet," but was certainly tasty and varied.

Sandy
Old 06-19-2006, 09:12 AM

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply I found it very helpful - not too sure about the smokers though!, I gave up the bad habit in January after 45yrs of being heavily addicted and now that my sense of smell has come back with a vengeance I find the stench of cigarettes etc., makes me feel quite ill - so if the "mal de mare" doesn't get me I guess the smokers will!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ann MT:
does anyone have any tips for me about the ports of call
Ann MT
Hi Ann MT,
from the port of Naples you can go by yourself to Pompeji or Ercolano. See the tips in the forum (Port Hotels.. or Europe Port Chart, looking for Naples or Pompeji)
Have a nice cruise
Uwe
Old 09-06-2006, 10:15 AM

valletta is the nice port in the europe with historical places go in the monuel theatre...

Closed Thread