Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 AM

Read an article last night that indicated easyCruise (the ultra-budget cruise line) has confirmed that the 170 passenger easyCruiseOne will be sailing 7 night itineraries in the southern Caribbean this winter. It will cost approximately $16 per day. Should be interesting to see how they do. Any cruise-chatters out there interested in testing the product?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-07-2005, 06:44 AM

No way. With all the extra-charges and a 10-hour flight from Europe to the Caribbean, I would not want to sail 7 days on a ship like this one !

Because if you like to get a bit of better cabin and calculate all the extras you have to pay for, it won't be that much cheaper than a 7-day cruise with Celebrity anymore. Then I really prefer to pay a bit more and cruise with a "normal" ship with all its comfort.

But it will be interesting to see how they will do. In the Med they stay overnight in ports. Will it be the same in the Caribbean ?

Odessa Shipping Company

new for us on cruise-duty:
m/v YUZHNAYA PALMYRA
www.yuzhnaya-palmyra.com.ua

Old 07-07-2005, 08:00 AM

Hi Patrick,
It is my understanding that they will depart after midnight to arrive in ports by 10 AM the next morning. Apparently, there is more nighttime activity in the Med than in the southern Caribbean which accounts for the later departures over there.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM

Interesting itinerary. Martinique, The Grenadines, Grenada, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Vincent. Here is what the website says about minimum stays and boarding.

"One week flexible itineraries this summer along the French & Italian Rivieras and this winter in the Caribbean for independently minded people in their 20s, 30s & 40s. You can board & depart anywhere along the route as long as you stay on the ship at least 2 nights."

Sounds interesting, only I think I am too old to qualify for it...VBG.

Tom
Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 AM

No way! I've not been on for a while and I can't believe they're putting her in the caribbean. I don't believe they will sell this to North American guests, and as Patrick has rightly said, Europeans are not going to fork out for the flight, transfers and extras, we may as well book a package on a 'proper' cruise.

So, who will buy it?....
Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM

Rosey,
It will be interesting to see how this whole thing unfolds for them here - I know it certainly is not my cup of tea - of course, I may have been tempted when I was 20 something - just to see what it was like.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-21-2005, 02:52 PM

It may be a great deal for some - but I'll pass. At this point in my life, I look for the most luxury I can afford!
Shelley
Old 07-21-2005, 05:20 PM

There was an article in my Travel and Leisure today on this cruise and I second NO WAY! Why do that when there are so many wonderful amenities etc. on the ships we all love!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
16, caribbean, day, sail