Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 PM

Has anyone out there ever cruised with Silversea? My only experience is via business when I was invited to the launch of the Silverwind . We are 2 classy ladies, 50 years young and would like to experience an up-market cruise. We do not want to look like a couple of spare parts. An honest answer - what proportion of cruisers travel alone?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Mo,
My partner's niece has sailed a couple of times on the Silver Wind and she has had great experiences, however, she is mid-forties and was "hit-on" a few times which she did not appreciate; but that can happen on a cross-town bus just as easily as it can on a ship or the bar at the Savoy.

But, be that as it may, I see you're in the UK. Let me tell you my experience with two VERY classy ladies from the UK whom my partner and I met on a Seabourn cruise. They are both widowed and sail frequently on Seabourn. They book early to get the best rates, they each book their own suites and have made a number of friends over the years. We will be sailing with them on the Seabourn Legend in April, 2008 doing the crossing from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon.

As past passengers with a lot of days at sea, they were given the opportunity and have already booked on Seabourn's newest ship, the Odessey, for the inaugural sailing in 2009.

I could probably put you in touch if you would feel better actually talking to another "British Classy Lady"!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Hi Mo,

My fiance and I sailed with Silversea on the Shadow last year. Having sailed with Crystal Cruises, another up-market cruise line, I can honestly say you cannot go wrong with Silversea. Moreover, we are celebrating our honeymoon this May with two back-to-back cruises, again with Silversea. The ship was beautifully appointed, the service was delightful and the food was divine. We appreciated the ambiance of a smaller ship and loved that it was all-inclusive. Great wine, great champagne and a great spirits. By the way, we are in our mid-40's. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, forum, honeymoon, sailed, sea, silver, silversea, worked