Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Has anyone sailed the MSC Musica recently? My family and I will be sailing on this ship next year. But I am reading not-so-good reviews.
lindee
Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 AM

hi Lindee!

I will go on the musica next friday!
I can tell you everything after my journey!

Greetings from Austria,
Rose

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 AM

Thanks Rose82,
I look forward to hearing from you. I am an experienced traveler but I have never sailed any of the MSC ships.
Have a good trip.
Lindee
Old 11-29-2007, 05:50 AM

...and for me it will be the first time that I will be on a cruise. I hope it will be great.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM

Rosie8s
I hope you have a great time. We love cruising. Best value for your money.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rose82:
hi Lindee!

I will go on the musica next friday!
I can tell you everything after my journey!

Greetings from Austria,
Rose
Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lindee:
Has anyone sailed the MSC Musica recently? My family and I will be sailing on this ship next year. But I am reading not-so-good reviews.
lindee
What have you read that was so bad?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:24 PM

Mostly that the food was not good and the staff is rude and can't understand too much English.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:43 PM

i will be on this ship on friday as well! i am excited. i really havent read anything bad about it. i was kind of interested if they offer the in room babysitters like hey do on other cruise lines tho.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM

Hello Lindee,

My partner and I just finished the MSC Musica cruise from June 15 to June 22 Venice to Greece to Croatia. This was my first cruise with MSC although I have previously cruised the Carribean with Celebrity, NCL, and and the Western Mediterranean with a Greek cruise line which has been since bought out.

I must say that the MSC cruise was a great disappointment to us. English language services such as reception and the accounting desk was very poor. It is good if you can speak some Italian

The food was bland and unimaginative. One fellow passenger called it "hospital cafeteria food." We were doubly disappointed because we had had great food on our other cruises.

Also, there are blocks of time (up to 7 hours one day for those on the late dinner sitting) when no food is available. On my other cruises, complimentary food, coffee, tea, some juices were available 24 hours. Not so on the Musica.

The food and beverage service staff were overworked and thus tended to be unfriendly and sometimes rude.

Finally, unlike my other cruises, the Musica cabins tend to be noisy. I could hear toilets flush, closet and entry doors being opened and shut, as well as muffled conversations from other cabins. Since I tend to go to bed at midnight, these noises disturbed my sleep until about 2 am when most passengers have gone to bed.

On the upside, the ship itself is new. The ports are interesting especially Santorini and Dubrovnik. Unfortunately, the ship is in Mykonos for only about 5 hours.

Also, we met a lot of nice English-speaking passengers. There were also a lot of Italian passengers. They were more than willing to try to talk if they spoke a bit of English or you spoke a bit of Italian. There were quite a few children most of whom were extremely well-behaved.

I certainly do not intend going on an MSC cruise. However, I know that what people want out of a cruise differs. I hope you and your family have a better experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, dinner, drink, forum, italanianmsc, june, menu, msc, musica, passenger, prices, recent, reviews, tenders