Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM

We have just purchased our tickets for the above mentioned cruise. We are first time cruisers and would love to hear of anybody that has been or will be on the Regatta to advise us what are MUST DOS before leaving on our cruise.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 03:17 AM

AUSCHI,

you will find my (rather old) "Regatta" Photo Review here.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 AM

Raoul,

Thank you so much for your very detailed ( albeit a bit old ) review of the Regatta. It was a great interest to us.

Best Regards,

AUSCHI
Old 01-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Hi Auschi, Oceana cruises will send you a free dvd on their cruise line, I received mine 2 weeks ago and I have to tell you I beleive that this is the cruise line to beat..Im not a fan of packing more than 700 people on a ship and I dont like the looks of those mega ships they look as if a big wind storm will topple them over, I like this cruise line and its product and Im sure you will as well...Gregg
Old 01-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Thanks GreggS007 for your comment.

Did you apply for the DVD from Oceania or did they send it to you automatically? We decided on Regatta also because it was not one of the megaships. How soon is your cruise with them? Have a wonderful trip.

Cheers

AUSCHI
Old 01-24-2007, 02:19 AM

HI AUSCHI, I WENT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY MAILED IT TO ME ACTUALLY QUITE QUICKLY..THEIR 3 SHIPS ARE IDENTICAL..AND THEIR CEO USED TO BE WITH RENAISSANCE CRUISES WHO OWNED THESE SHIPS, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT SIZE AS WELL ANS THEY ARENT ALL GLITTER AND MIRRORS LIKE CARNIVAL..I LIKE CLASSY AND THESE 3 SHIPS HAVE THAT, I HAVENT QUITE DECIDED WHEN IM GOING OR WHERE BUT KEEP IN TOUCH I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOUR CRUISE WAS EXCELLENT OR NOT...CHEERS
Old 03-26-2007, 04:37 PM

My experience after 16 days going from Miami to LA was Great.
The crew wonderful, but everyone went to bed too early.
One great thingh is NO FORMAL NIGHTS nonsense. Everyone with no exception were older but with a lot of polish!
Not a single show off.
Bring 1 or 2 jackets to make yourself feel good and dont be shy about tipping the crew early in the cruise, i did not nmeet one that did not deserve it!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cirrus S22:
My experience after 16 days going from Miami to LA was Great.
The crew wonderful, but everyone went to bed too early.
We were on the same cruise and have to agree the crew were great .
The first few days at sea were a little bumpy but a great cruise.
DH took one blazer & it was enough.
After doing B2B we did not want to get off.
We are booked for next Feb to the Caribbean
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 03-26-2007, 08:41 PM
You can read some reviews of the ship at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cf...tion=ship&ShipID=287
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-03-2007, 12:36 PM

We have walked on all 7 continents, gone around the world many times by land and have also taken over 30 cruises. By far Oceania is the best We started with them when they were Renaissance and have already taken 6 cruises as Oceania and have 3 more booked and are looking at booking 4 others. They are wonderful and you won't be sorry. Two days ago we returned from our first Crystal cruise, and we won't go back because they do not hold a candle to Oceania. We cannot wait to get back on one of our "O" ships. Enjoy and happy cruising.

Closed Thread