Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 AM

They did do midnight buffets, although I never ate at one. The cruise director, Max, stated one of the top 10 questions asked was "What time is the midnight buffet?" The toga night was a lot of fun, didn't see anyone getting crazy, but they did have some very creative people on board. There were a few that used the wreaths around the ship for crowns, some found Christmas decorations that worked well as adornments to their outfit, and they had a parade through the dining room that night.

Chef Ken-thank you for the websites. If they'll ever stop making me work at work, I'll get them posted. Otherwise, it may be this weekend. Best wishes!!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:44 PM

My husband and 3 sons 6, 7, and 8 we on Costa for Thanksgiving. It was awesome! Everything Penny stated. We're going back with neighbors plus kids in Feb.

How are the prices on the princess? How are the inside room compared to Costa?

We were on level 1...not a problem! Net time level 6.

The rooms were kept immacculate!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 AM

The rooms on Princess will depend on the class and age of the ship. The newer ships have a slightly larger cabin. On the sun class ships the balcony room including the balcony, was about the same size as the inside rooms on the Magica. We're booked on the Emerald which is the sister ship to the Crown, but we don't sail until November. I can let you know the room size once we're back. As far as the prices, Princess seems to be very competitive, and to me they're just a little better, but that is my opinion. I was looking at a 5 day Royal Caribbean, they wanted $1099/pp for a balcony room. Our 10 day on the Emerald is $1499/pp for a balcony. I booked Costa because they were about $500/pp less for the Christmas week than Princess. Normally, Princess has better prices than the rest of the main stream lines for the cruises I am interested in. I like 10-14 day itineraries, and I love the Caribbean. I do compare prices, normally RCL is way too expensive, HAL is higher, but competitive, Carnival and Princess are close to the same, NCL is slightly higher, Celebrity is a lot higher, QM2 is extremely higher, I don't even bother with Seaborn or Crystal because I know I can't afford them. I'm glad you enjoyed the Magica as well. I promise to post some pictures soon. Best wishes!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 PM

Thanks Penny for the great feedback. I am leaving on Sunday and I am so excited!! I am especially looking forward to stopping at Turks & Caicos.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
The rooms on Princess will depend on the class and age of the ship. The newer ships have a slightly larger cabin. On the sun class ships the balcony room including the balcony, was about the same size as the inside rooms on the Magica. We're booked on the Emerald which is the sister ship to the Crown, but we don't sail until November. I can let you know the room size once we're back. As far as the prices, Princess seems to be very competitive, and to me they're just a little better, but that is my opinion. I was looking at a 5 day Royal Caribbean, they wanted $1099/pp for a balcony room. Our 10 day on the Emerald is $1499/pp for a balcony. I booked Costa because they were about $500/pp less for the Christmas week than Princess. Normally, Princess has better prices than the rest of the main stream lines for the cruises I am interested in. I like 10-14 day itineraries, and I love the Caribbean. I do compare prices, normally RCL is way too expensive, HAL is higher, but competitive, Carnival and Princess are close to the same, NCL is slightly higher, Celebrity is a lot higher, QM2 is extremely higher, I don't even bother with Seaborn or Crystal because I know I can't afford them. I'm glad you enjoyed the Magica as well. I promise to post some pictures soon. Best wishes!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Thanks Penny! You seem like a Pro-Cruiser! My husband is always looking for a deal! There are 5 of us. We use 2 rooms and are paying for 3. My friends are going with us on Costa next month. They have 2 kids free for 2 adults in the room paying $1600 total for 7 days in the Carribean. If you hear about any, feel free to pass it on! We're addicted to vacationing. This will be our 3rd cruise and my friends 1st.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM

Well I went on the Costa magica last year.. Well I must say did not really like the ship.. Found it to be dirty and in need of repairs.. It was there last cruise of the season before sailing across to Europe.. I did not like the food in the dinning room.. Was mostly upper-class Italian food, thought there would be some more traditional Italian foods.. It wasn’t all bad, we had a lot of fun, and how can you not, on a cruise? All the staff treated us great.. I have been on several cruises and this had to be the biggest disappointments.. You just come to expect great food and a ship in great condition...

Going on the Carnival Triumph on Feb. 24th Havn't been on a Carnival ship Not counting Costa cruises for quite some time now, last time was when the Ecstasy was brand new and sailed out of Miami.. I had a great time on that, I hope it wasn't due to the fact I was so much younger...LOL Was like 15 or 16 years ago..
Old 02-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Wow, that's strange. She's a pretty new ship and was really clean. I think she was built in 2004. I think I've managed to post a few pictures. If not, let me know and I'll try again. I just work on computers, new to this picture posting stuff. I think this link will work http://www.flickr.com/photos/69517971@N00/
Best wishes.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 AM

Yea I found it strange also that it was in such bad shape... I say bad shape, for a cruise ship that is... I am just so used to it being in great shape.. Like I said was there last cruise for the season before sailing across the Atlantic, so maybe they put off some stuff till they got over....
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM

I don't know what Magica you were on but we were on it in January and it was probably the most beautiful ship I have ever been on. It is a newer ship and was kept up very well. This ship came into service in 2004 so if you were on it last year it just seem rather odd that it would be in bad shape.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, captain, claudio, costa, cruise, de, drink, fenza, fenzo, lace, magica, march, prices, ship, smoke, things, wwwclaudio