Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Penny, So glad to read your report (thanks) and glad you enjoyed the cruise. I am looking forward to checking her out for myself.
Suzi
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 AM

I was on the same ship, there is only one Costa Majica.... Guess I am making it up.... All I can say is that was my experience.. Like I said was last sailing so maybe they put off some repairs till the end of the season.. There where broken moldings and such on deck where ya can sit under cover kind of near the pool.... I wasnít the only one on the cruise that commented on it.... Thatís not all of the things that where in need of repairs but just one for example.. I am not saying that the ship was in total disarray, but by the standards I have seen on the bigger cruise lines, it was below there standards... I agree that the ship was a very nice ship. Other then some design flaws... ya need a tour guide to find the back dinning room the first time... up down up down the decks to reach it...lol... well at least I got to work of all the food I ate.. The thing that will keep me from rebooking on Costa is the food served in the dinning room... not accustomed to the style menu they offer.. That was the biggest complaint I heard thru out the ship.. Glad you enjoyed it and found the ship to your likings.. Thats why there is many cruise ships a veriety for all.. You will find people that hate a cruise line that others are in love with.... I can honestly say I have never been on a bad cruise... well except for the one I got married durring, in St Thomas.. was good at the time but am I paying for it now... LOL
Old 02-18-2007, 09:31 AM

I never said you made it up I just said I thought it strange as the ship was beautiful and always being cleaned and taken care of.
I agree the ship had an odd layout especially when getting to the dining room. I would probably book another ship with another cruise line before sailing Costa again. I was just saying the ship was gorgeous but there were other things I wasn't impressed with. By the end of the week I had had my fill of Italian food. It's been a month and we still can't look at spaghetti. While we had a good time and am glad we went there were certain things I couldn't get past. Our ship was about 80% elderly (over 65) and my husband and I felt somewhat out of place as we're in our 30's. We met up with a couple of crew members who did nothing but bash Costa about everything from passengers to fellow crew members. I thought this to be quite unprofessional and have never experienced this before. It really turned me off.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-19-2007, 05:31 AM

I will try Costa again.. I will just wait a while am sure they will correct some of the things I was't that impressed with... But ya have to admitt The good definatly outweighed the bad... Hey with my last name Costa I can't help but forgive them....LOL i got asked many times if I was related while showing my card..
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Hey Guys....I'm a travel agent for 23 years..31 cruises under my belt and I can say a lot about the Costa Magica. Just returned Feb. 11th. For 8 months trying to work with the home office was nothing short of HELL...the reviews were scary and I was horrified about going with my group of 67. Let me just say I found Victoria in the home office of Costa about 6 weeks before departure and she made everything right...
Now the ship...was immaculate...the service was fantastic...the food was good...if you go hungry on a cruise...you can't be satisfied anyway!! The entertainment was NON-STOP. The onboard staff for entertainment...on decks...in the lounges...and everywhere else on the ship was the BEST I have ever encountered...the young staff had more energy and personality than you and I could only dream of.
My group co-ordinator onboard; Silviu Bordei, was the most fantastic person I ever dealt with. The CAPTAIN..Claudio De Fenza was fabulous. I have NEVER been on a ship with a captain that was so visible to the passengers. He was everywhere...and he MINGLED with EVERYONE.
I recommend that if anyone had a problem with Costa to contact Lynn Torrent, President of Costa Cruise Line. I have been encouraged to contact her with any problems that I may have had with the home office in Miami.
In my opinion, and as a seasoned traveler and Agent I would recommend Costa Cruise Line to anybody.
Gloria Huband
Travel Services, LLC
Quinton, Va
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Glad you found it all to your liking... Maybe they are putting the effort into the areas that peeps had complaints about... Is that a good thing to see the captain every place... LOL who is running the ship...lol
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 AM

Hi penny - I just booked a trip on the Magica for March. I am wondering about the drinks. First - do this kids pay for pop? Second - are you allowed to board with any alcohol? Any info would be helpful....
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 AM

You can buy a soda card for the kids, then they just fill up their cups. You were not allowed to bring alcohol on board, unless it was wine and then they charged a corkage fee. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Magica as much as we did. Toga night is a lot of fun. Best wishes!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM

Hey Penny

I just came off the Magica Feb. 11...we tried to get soda cards....not available! We did bring on wine without a cork fee...no problem. We really enjoyed the ship...the crew was great. I had a group of 67.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Wow, 67 people that must have been a true challenge keeping them together and happy. On our cruise, they sold the drink packages when we first came on board and went to the buffet. Hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, captain, claudio, costa, cruise, de, drink, fenza, fenzo, lace, magica, march, prices, ship, smoke, things, wwwclaudio