Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 AM

I have never been on a cruise, I might go on June 17. Has anybody taken this type of cruise in this cruiseship and if so can you give me some info on everything.
Thank you.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM

They are very short sailings and the low cost is attractive. A smaller ship as well. For a first cruise, if you want a true cruiseship experience I'd try the more mainstream lines if the budget and time allow. If not, you'll get a small taste of cruising. Just don't set your expectations too high. A 2 day cruise is over in the blink of an eye.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM

By the way, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Hi Amistad, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Imperial Majesty is unique in that its only ship is a converted 1950s transatlantic liner. Don't let that scare you. The ship, Regal Empress, is a wonderful, friendly liner with fabulous service to match. A two-night cruise on any line will not give you the true cruise experience, yet this is an opportunity to sail on an ocean liner without breaking the bank to do so.

She happens to be my favorite ship still operating out of the U.S., if you couldn't tell.

One word of caution is to choose your stateroom carefully. I know it's for only two nights, but you still want to be comfortable. Definitely avoid A- and B-decks. The cabins on these two decks are tiny and many are hard to find. Upper Deck is generally fine, with some exceptions. I'm happy to help with cabin selection.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

I agree with lisa p. I love this old ship. We have sailed it many times. It was the M.S. Carribe before it became the Regal Empress.If you have a chioce of cabins try to get S7 S9 S11 OR S6 S8 S10. These are all on the sun deck and very nice cabins, built in armoire's very nice cabins,try it and you will be hooked.There are no older ships like this anymore, so take advantage of this one to get the real feel of old time cruising..
Tom
Old 07-25-2007, 01:27 PM

I totally agree with other posters. This ship is beautiful, especially the outdoor bar at the rear of the ship with built in teak seating, and the Mermaid Lounge at the front of the ship. We had Admiral Suite 1, it was gorgeous. This was my second favorite ship that I sailed (first being the Norway). I would definitely say go for it.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 PM

I just received in mail today a "free two night caribbean cruise". I have 72 hours to call and claim. I wonder if there are any strings attached. I had never heard of IM until now. I wonder how much the port charges and govt taxes are? I will look up airfare pricing before I decide whether to call and claim or not.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Simphhcc, stay away from that one. It is a time share offer. And your "free" cabin will be one of those dreaded A- or B-deck cabins I cautioned against in my post above.

An Imperial Majesty cruise can be booked on your own through the cruise line, which is the route I suggest to those who want to cruise on this classic ship.

Do NOT call the company that sent you the "offer."
Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 AM

LisaP,

Thank you for your honesty. You've made my decision much easier.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

You're welcome, simphhcc. I love this ship, so I hate seeing her associated with this program -- especially when it is easy, and not much more expensive -- to book the ship on your own.

Closed Thread

Tags
carribe, ms