Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Administrator

I am currently listening to a teleconference with major news about the line formerly known as Azamara Cruises. Effective today the brand is now called "Azamara Club Cruises". The line will be rolling out several changes as they remake the brand.

"You'll Love Where We Take You" is their new slogan. This has dual meanings, with both the destination and the shipboard experience being key.

Starting in April 2010 the line will include coffees, soda and dining room/cabin gratuities in the cruise price. Butler and concierge services will also be offered.

They are "slowing down" the cruises by having more ports where they will stay late or overnight. One example given was the ship booking tables at a 3-star Michelin restaurant in France for guests to use.

Destination Immersion was a phrase used.

Azamara Club Cruises is taking their small niche brand into a new category. They didn't like using the terms "luxury" or "upscale" but in essence that is where they are headed. Pricing will increase to reflect the changes.

In another area, they announced Azamara Club Cruises will have it's own loyalty club "Le Club Voyage" (say Voy Ah ggg). My understanding is that it will not allow equal recognition from members of the RCI and Celebrity loyalty programs. Program details are not yet finalized.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM

That's odd that they're not using Celebrity or RCI credits. When I booked the Solstice, through Celebrity, the representative was really pushing Azamara.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Earlier this year they decided to take Azamara in a new direction. It was essentially competing against it's own sister lines and frankly was failing - hence their pushing it when you booked Solstice.

I am waiting for my media kit with more details about the rebranding.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Administrator

HERE is the press release.

Closed Thread

Tags
azamara, begin, breaking, club, cruise, cruises, failing, forum, forums, google, line, motto, news, powered, reviews, vbulletin