Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2003, 08:54 AM

hi, i was wondering if anyone had recently taken a cruise on Celebrity cruises horizon? particularly to bermuda. if so, PLEASE contact me, i have a few important questions... thanks!!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Banned

I would not recomend the horizon to my worst enemy. we have been on 23 cruises and this was by far and away our worst ever.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Banned

I think this was by far and away the worst cruising experience we have ever had. AFTER ALL OUR CRUISES ON SOME LINES THAT ARE NOW OUT OF BUSINESS THIS WAS STILL THE WORST.

change screen name to tls630 from thomas stanton
Old 02-17-2004, 07:45 AM

The Concierge and staff on the Galaxy lost 50+ peoples luggage for 3 days. The ship was nice but the service stunk. Don't let Celebrity handle your Transfers. I would not go to San Juan again either.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:14 PM

We were on the Celebrity Horizon Cruise to Bermuda in June, 2000.

We had a wonderful time!!

I had wanted to go to Bermuda, since we saw the movie Chapter Two. I was so impressed with Bermuda that I searched until I found out the place shown in the movie and information about Bermuda. When in Bermuda, I visited all the sites that impressed me in the movie. Marley Beach Cottages were as wonderful as they looked in the movie. The day I went to the lighthouse, the temperature was 95 degrees. I said, I am going to walk the steps (190 or whatever don't quite remember exact count-a lot!!!!)even if I die trying. The view was worth every step. Beautiful!!!

Very easy to get around Bermuda on public transportation.

Great service. Met great people on the cruise. Really enjoyed it.

My only complaint was that I got sick every time I ate salads. I have a real sensitivity to preservatives on fruits & vegetables.

My only disappointment with Celebrity was that I put this in my survey and no one ever responded to this complaint.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 AM

Hello everybody,

as some of you might have herad already, the "Horizon" is due for a major refurbishment this upcoming November. This includes the addition of balconies to quite a number of cabins as well as other structural changes. Virtually everything from top to bottom will be worked on.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-04-2004, 01:39 PM

Old sayings are usually correct, but in the case of birds of a feather flock together it is not quite right.We just got back from the Celebrity Century and it was just great. You would not know that the Horizon was owned by the same company. The attitudes of all the crew, the cleanliness of the ship the entertainment were all top notch!I wish I could say the same for the Horizon, I have read somewhere that Celebrity does not own the Horizon just leases her. If this is true I think they should cancel or at least not renew thier contract.I really don't think having thier name associated with the Horizon is doing them any justice.Again the Century was great!
Tom
Old 08-18-2004, 02:17 AM

I was amazed to read some of the comments about Celebrity Horizon. It was almost as if they were writing about a different ship! We did an 11 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Horizon on March 1 from Tampa and it was the best cruise we have ever been on. The service was superb, friendly and very efficient. The food was outstanding, definitely the best ever. Yes the cabins are looking a little tired and we also heard about the major refub/extension due later this year. Though I see no evidence of this in the winter 2004/05 schedules. The ship is repositioning from Norfolk, VA on Oct 30 and goes straight into a full season from Tampa, so I suspect the refurb/extension has been delayed. We were so pleased with our cruise that we are considering going on the 10 western Caribbean itinery this winter.
Princess Star 2003, Sun 2004
P&O Oceana 2004
RCCL Nordic Empress 2002
Regal Empress 2002
RCCL Legend of the Seas Apr 2006
Saga Ru** June 2006
P&O Arcadia July 2006
Carnival Miracle Oct 2006
Booked:
RCCL Navigator Apr 2007
P&O Aurora Sep 2007
QM2 Sep 2007
Sapphire Princess Apr 2008
Old 08-18-2004, 05:10 AM

Florida Keith,
It looks like you have enjoyed an eclectic mix of cruiselines. The fact that you have sailed on a number of different lines, helps to add credence to your comments about the Horizon, as it would seem that you had a good basis for comparison of product. Glad you had a good time.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2004, 06:25 AM

I think that Celebrity is making every effort to bring their cruise experience to new highs. I was on the Millennium a couple of months ago and am sailing the INfinity in a couple of weeks. Overall, I would say that the experience is better than in years past.

Just my opinion...but I will let everyone know how the Infinity was.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, celebrity, cruise, cruises, horizion, horizon, horizons, june, mv, queen, review, service, ship, ships, victoria