Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2003, 06:53 PM

I am traveling with 2 boys (ages 13 and 10)on Holland America's Zaandam for the Christamas sailing. I have heard that this line caters to a more mature crowd, but I assume there will be a lot of kids for the holdays. Does anyone know what activities and what kind of entertainment they offer?

Hollnad America Zaandam Christmas Cruise
Old 11-07-2003, 06:53 PM

I am traveling with 2 boys (ages 13 and 10)on Holland America's Zaandam for the Christamas sailing. I have heard that this line caters to a more mature crowd, but I assume there will be a lot of kids for the holdays. Does anyone know what activities and what kind of entertainment they offer?

Hollnad America Zaandam Christmas Cruise
Old 11-10-2003, 06:25 AM

You are correct, Holland America does cater to a more mature client base, but during the Christmas holidays expect to see a great number of children on board. They do have a children's program: "Club Hal" which is divided into 3 age groups (5-8), (9-12) and (12+) with activities that are age appropriate for each group. If you happen to be going to Half-Moon Cay on your cruise, it has a relative extensive playground and "kid friendly" activities.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-12-2004, 09:48 AM

In our opinion HAL is great for families and here are the reasons why. First of all the cabins are bigger and the bathrooms in all of the outside cabins have a bathtub...thats unusual and essential for small kids. Second..the kids program is great.....not as many kids and they get much more attention than on the bigger ships....its not a huge day care to get rid of the kids for the day...parents are encouraged and invited to get involved...we did and its great. There is also in cabin babysitting that is provided by the Fillopino staff..(ladies only) at a very resonable rate. Since the ships are smaller its just much easier to get around...the promanade deck is great for taking the kids for a stroll all around the ship before bedtime...it completely wears them out and they sleep really well. HAL might not have all the bells and whistles of the great big ship...but is alot less stressful....And usually alot less expensive.

Closed Thread

Tags
adults, america, care, cater, caters, child, children, christmas, cruises, holland, kids, line, programs, review, reviews, ships