Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 AM

We are considering a costa cruise to the carribean at the beginning of April. Ship is Costa Magica. Anyone been on this ship with teans (13 and 16)? Were there lots of other teens? How were the activities?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 AM

I just got back from the Costa Magica. I'm a teen myself so I guess I could say something. The programs started unusually late for a start... I mean, this can be a good thing sometimes, but it wasn't that great when it was starting at either 9-9:30 PM... So I mostly didn't attend due to the hours in the first place, but I was listening to a mother talking about it and she said when her kid went no one was there anyway.. The programs may be a turn-off, but it was actually a really great cruise. There were plently of teens in numbers I guess, not as many as you'd find on a carnival cruise, but it was fun as I've said. If your kids like participating in the ship's activities instead of the programs I believe they were superb. Very, very amusing. Hmm.. Not much else to say then.
Holland: 1
Norwegian: 2
Costa: 1
Riyal Carribean: 1
Disney: 1
Total: 14
Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Starting teen programs at 9:00-9:30--that is very, very amusing. Hmm . . .

Welcome to cruise-chat Pmosskie; nice to have a teen participate; there aren't that many.

Please stay in touch.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:38 PM

Heh, maybe it's a European thing?

I bet you guys probably don't get many teens here. :3 It looks fun enough; I can help my mom book cruises now I guess. xDD Some of these comments and posts are very helpful.
Holland: 1
Norwegian: 2
Costa: 1
Riyal Carribean: 1
Disney: 1
Total: 14
Old 04-14-2007, 02:07 PM

When it comes to Costa or MSC or any of the European lines you simply have to be prepared for a different experience from on the lines considered more North Americanized.

1. You'll need to love pasta.
2. Multiple languages and cultures onboard. In the Med approx 80% of the passengers will be European. A great experience for adults, teens, everybody. But be prepared for a few differences that cause complaints in this industry from time to time. Europeans smoke... Think USA 50 years ago. There is no politically correct section so speaking out about the differences will not always be well recieved.
3. Europeans are not hung up about nudity or partial nudity. If you offend easily find a different cruise. If you are open to new and differnet cultures it'll be a fantastic cruise. If you fit the stereotype of a spoiled American who thinks the world revolves around them and the world should accommodate their wants and needs at the expense of others don't book such a cruise. I happen to be American and sorry for using the language above, I know stereotypes are not accurate the majority of the time. I simply deal with clients from all over the world daily who ask me to book a cruise based on the cost or itinerary or some other factor that they should never have booked. Even with similar warnings as above you'd be amazed how many complain about the very things I prepared them to expect.

Happy cruising, Neil
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Went on Costa Mediterranea last year. Teen programs are great and my teen boys (14/16) loved it...i was told there was "lots of hot chix". And TrvlPro you are KINDA right...you have to love food period!! Dinner is an experience!! They just keep bringing food!! Have a great cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
costa, cruise, nudity, review, reviews, teenagers, teens