Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   All Other Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/)
-   -   What I need to take on board (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/35189-what-i-need-take-board.html)

Mowen 08-03-2008 11:01 PM

I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus. Do I need to take shampoo, soap, conditioners or are these supplied?
Would be interested to speak to anyone going on this cruise

Mowen 08-03-2008 11:01 PM

I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus. Do I need to take shampoo, soap, conditioners or are these supplied?
Would be interested to speak to anyone going on this cruise

Dwayne 08-04-2008 12:07 AM

Hi Mowen, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

This will probably depend on the cruise line you are going on. Please post back with more details and I am sure you will get an answer. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Jim C. 08-04-2008 10:23 AM

The major US cruise lines - RCCL, CCL Princess etc.. do provide a conditioning shampoo and soap (liquid) in the showers and bar soap for the sink. However, if you are picky about your shampoo, you might wish to bring your own.

Some cruise lines also provide an assortment of bathroom items - razors, lotions, toothpaste etc.. but these are give aways provided as marketing tools from the manufacturers, so the content and make up can very from cruise to cruise. You can also purchase many toiletries in the ship's store.

The best rule of thumb would be that if you have to have it, you should bring it with you.

Dave 08-04-2008 10:42 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at the choices, I assume you are either on the Black Watch with Fred Olsen Cruises or the Queen Victoria with Cunard.

I've not cruised with those two lines but they will provide soap and shampoo, and probably more than that in your cabin.

RichC 08-05-2008 05:42 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mowen:
Would be interested to speak to anyone going on this cruise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're really picky about you shampoo you'll want to bring you own. (3 oz bottle) but the stuff they give you isn't all that bad.
Don't count on buying much on board (razors, hair spray, deodorant etc.) as the selection is fairly limited & at premium prices.

Mowen 08-05-2008 11:26 PM

Thanks for your help I am going on the Arcadia.
Is the internet exxy on ships

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RichC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mowen:
Would be interested to speak to anyone going on this cruise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're really picky about you shampoo you'll want to bring you own. (3 oz bottle) but the stuff they give you isn't all that bad.
Don't count on buying much on board (razors, hair spray, deodorant etc.) as the selection is fairly limited & at premium prices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RichC 08-06-2008 06:06 AM

If you meant to ask if the Internet is expensive on ships?
Yes & no. The cost per min. isn't to bad & most cruise lines offer packages which reduce the cost but what makes it expensive is the fact that most of the time it's so slow that it takes forever to download any large emails. If you have friends like mine they send lots of attachments which can cause the system to grind to a halt & I just usually just give up.