Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 PM

I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus. Do I need to take shampoo, soap, conditioners or are these supplied?
Would be interested to speak to anyone going on this cruise
Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 PM

I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus. Do I need to take shampoo, soap, conditioners or are these supplied?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Hi Mowen, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

This will probably depend on the cruise line you are going on. Please post back with more details and I am sure you will get an answer.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM

The major US cruise lines - RCCL, CCL Princess etc.. do provide a conditioning shampoo and soap (liquid) in the showers and bar soap for the sink. However, if you are picky about your shampoo, you might wish to bring your own.

Some cruise lines also provide an assortment of bathroom items - razors, lotions, toothpaste etc.. but these are give aways provided as marketing tools from the manufacturers, so the content and make up can very from cruise to cruise. You can also purchase many toiletries in the ship's store.

The best rule of thumb would be that if you have to have it, you should bring it with you.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

quote:
I am going on my first cruise in Jan from UK to Aus.

Looking at the choices, I assume you are either on the Black Watch with Fred Olsen Cruises or the Queen Victoria with Cunard.

I've not cruised with those two lines but they will provide soap and shampoo, and probably more than that in your cabin.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mowen:

If you're really picky about you shampoo you'll want to bring you own. (3 oz bottle) but the stuff they give you isn't all that bad.
Don't count on buying much on board (razors, hair spray, deodorant etc.) as the selection is fairly limited & at premium prices.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:26 PM

Thanks for your help I am going on the Arcadia.
Is the internet exxy on ships

quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
quote:
Originally posted by Mowen:

If you're really picky about you shampoo you'll want to bring you own. (3 oz bottle) but the stuff they give you isn't all that bad.
Don't count on buying much on board (razors, hair spray, deodorant etc.) as the selection is fairly limited & at premium prices.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:06 AM

If you meant to ask if the Internet is expensive on ships?
Yes & no. The cost per min. isn't to bad & most cruise lines offer packages which reduce the cost but what makes it expensive is the fact that most of the time it's so slow that it takes forever to download any large emails. If you have friends like mine they send lots of attachments which can cause the system to grind to a halt & I just usually just give up.

Closed Thread

Tags
arcadia, board, boardboardtopic, bring, buying, carnival, crown, cruise, premium, princess, provide, reviews, shampoo, ship, soap