Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 AM

Well since I have never been to Alaska I will have alot of questions. But first if you were given a chance to go on an Alaskan cruise or a carribean one which would you choose. Is Alaskan cruises a pretty wonderful experience?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Apples and oranges. An Alaskan cruise is entirely different in character from a Caribbean run. Thus is depends on what you want to do on your cruise. I think everyone should go to Alaska at least once. It is quiet and serene as compared to the relative hustle and bustle on a Caribbean cruise. Alaska is sipping hot chocolate at 7am as your ship approaches a glacier. It's having daylight at 10pm.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Alaska is a very wonderful experience; but if I had to make a choice, give me a warm climate cruise.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Alaska is about the destination. It's a totally different experience. For most people a once in a life time experience.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Thanks for your imput. Well I have been trying to decide. the airfare is more expensive than flying to orlando. Plus your flight time is alot longer. with kids that are young a 4and a half hour flight might be a little long. It was between the new bigger ship that Disney will have out 2011 or the Alaska cruise. Of course it will have to be all about the destination because the process it takes to finally get there and back will be long. I have never been to Alaska and would love to see it with Disney, but should I just simplify and go to port canaveral. I would love a pole. If you could pick your next cruise between the carribean or Alaska which one would you choose?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Well, I would have to change my vote. If it was just me and my wife, we would definitely take a cruise in a warm climate, However, if we had the opportunity to take our young grandchildren on a Disney cruise to Alaska . . .well, that would be just an absolutely amazing experience for us, and more importantly, for them. Introducing children to the wonders of travel is one of the greatest gifts you can give them. And the wonders of Alaska would be much more meaningful than a man-made resort/island.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Alaska can be a very educational experience for the children (And adults).
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

For me, personally, warmer weather would prevail. However, as everyone has said, Alaska is something that should be experienced. I was there years ago and have absolutely no desire to return, but I abhor the cold. It is beautiful country, however.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:31 AM

I have been to Alaska, and I highly recommend it, as long as you are not expecting the same experience as you get in the Caribbean. We had warm-ish weather in late August, but not sunbathing warm. 60s - 70s. The pools were pretty much empty.

That said, if you are into wildlife and nature, it doesn't get better than Alaska. We took the train with the glass sides from Anchorage down to the port, and it was some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever experienced. We saw moose, black bear, eagles. On board the ship we had a wildlife expert who would point out what you could see from the deck. It seemed like every day there were whales, orcas, dolphins, etc. alongside the ship somewhere. The glaciers are something everybody should see once.

Our son was 3 when we went, and he did not do well with the time changes. We flew from the east coast, so it was a 5 hour difference. It seemed like as soon as he adjusted to the time change, it was time to fly back home!

Landing in Anchorage at 10:30 PM in broad daylight was surreal. We were in the cab going to the hotel at 11:30 watching the sunset.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Caribbean for sure. However anything that Disney does is wonderful. We looked at the Disney Alaksan cruise and it was going to cost us over 5,000.00 for three in an ocean view room. So we had to switch over to Royal Caribbean since they were cheaper.

Closed Thread

Tags
500000, alaska, cruise, disney, disneys, july, lines, people, posts, review, reviews, rhapsody