Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 PM

Default worse scam of my life. i lost my honeymoon
please whatever u do dont fall for CARRIBEAN CRUISE LINE . i got the free cruise voucher in the mail. i am a student in training and getting married so i thought it would be the perfect opportunity for my honeymoon. i called they convinced me to upgrade and get 3 days in the bahamas witht the cruise an few other options. they wouldnt hang up and kept adding options till they convinced me and i apid 900 for 2 persons. i have been trying to schedule my honeymoon 3 months ahead of time. they assured me taht they booked te date i wanted. when i called to recheck turned out the guy booked the wrong date. i had to change my tickets and loose that money. then i called again and he said the dates are not availbla anymore, i was very upset cus its my honeymoon and i bought the ticket so he said he was sorry and he will get the right dates. i made him repeat the dates 5 times. he refused to send any emails confirmation or mail me papers cus it is against policy. i called today cus i just couldnt trust them anymore and the dates are closer and u have no papers. it turned out, he booked a different month. i was horrified. they refused to refund me, they dont have anymore cruises on that day and they dont want to do anything to compensate. how can one person mess up 3 times and nbody wants to be responsible? i have no honeymoon, no money to book another one.
please dont fall for them, they need to be shot down. i am taking this to lawyers and plan to get my money back but pls if u have any questions , i can answer and give u specific names of people who screwed up
this is the first review i write in my life but i felt obligated to share
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM

First welcome to Cruise chat.
Sorry about your bad luck. I am unclear how and with whom you booked. I have never booked a cruise where we did not get a confirmation. Plus we usually go on line to the cruise line and double check our booking. Our booking have alway be correct.
One time our TA booked us a flight on the wrong day. When we noticed the mistake, she rebooked using her money. That is the advantage of using a good TA.
Somehow somewhere I think there is more to this story.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard, rania, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

How did you pay for this cruise? If by credit card, which I hope it was, contact your credit card company (in writing) to dispute the charge, and have them take it from there.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. (Without naming names, please.)
Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Unhappy Sorry to hear about this,,BUT
it just shows that "free" is never that...always SOME trick...as they say "if it LOOKS to good to be true,,,it IS.....sad you had to learn the hard way,,,hope you can salvage your honeymoon trip,,is some way,,,congrats..anyway...a sad lesson to learn...but thanks for sharing to remind others....
Old 03-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Sorry to hear of your misadventure. Hopefully you paid for the trip with your credit card and will get most of your money back.

In my opinion, the only policy to follow is never to buy anything from someone contacting you over the phone or even on the internet. If you did not solicit the offer, just say "No." It is simple as that. Nothing is free. If they had such a great deal on cruising, they would not have contacted you because people would be beating their door down to take their deal.

Good luck and let us all know how it comes out,

Brad

Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 PM

Very sad story. I had the same type of problem a few years ago. I went to a seminar and they were giving away a free vacation for going. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a free vacation but I decided to try. They had me book and rebook several times until the time limit was up. I was very flexible on the travel dates, but I still was never given the vacation. Nothing is free, I won't fall for that one again.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Gocruz, you're right, it's never free and they never live up to the hype. It's a good scam and they rake in all kinds of money from it. The worst ones to me are the time-share scams.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, free, honeymoon, line, lost, mail, money, reviews, royal, scam, scams, special, voucher