Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 PM

Thumbs down Regent,,,now offering Concierge Class
which makes me wonder...how will this still be considered "luxury"line,,seems more like "premium economy" or similar,,such as Oceania....will start in April 2012...have one booked for Dec..2011,,,but not sure I like this 2 tier thing....gives extra time to book "free "excursions,,,some book up NOW....and early reservations for premium rest....etc........going on Seabourn in 3 wks,,,,this may determine which cruiseline to book in future....opinions???PS..dont see any price drop,,,for the non concierge cabins...think its a huge mistake....
Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM

Thumbs down Besides above,,changing tubs
in most rooms to shower only,,a big drawback for me...the Seabourn last week was top of the line,,now regret booking one in Dec....also,,hearing the "free"excursions booked up fast on one before mine,,many now waitlisted...no bargain if the one you want,,,even free,,,is not available....don t like the changes...any thoughts??
Old 06-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Funny
On Oceania everyone was complaining about not having tubs in the lower Category cabins
Now enter Marina with tubs in all but the inside cabins...everyone is complaining about the tubs & do not want them

Go Figure

As for free excursion we very seldom do ship's tours so of not consequence to us...just because they are FREE does not make them good
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
in most rooms to shower only,,?
Where did you see they were removing the tubs?
I did not see any mention on their website
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Wink In the brochure,,and when I booked,,,agent asked
and said the cabins with star next would be switching to showers only,,,must look carefully or would not see change...but did get one with tub....apparently keeping SOME....

Not sure why the change,,like the choice of BOTH>...was esp.nice in Norway,,where cold...

We took excursions last Nov...and some good,,some soso...DK likes scuba,etc..and I like island tours,,etc...so we go separately...
Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
and said the cabins with star next would be switching to showers only,,,must look carefully or would not see change...but did get one with tub....apparently keeping SOME....
Interesting!!

FUTURE CRUISES:

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, canadian, celebrity, class, concierge, constellation, cruise, cruises, empress, lawrence, oceana, regent, reviews, ship, st