Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:32 AM

Thumbs up Just got back from Regent Mariner
cruise to Eastern Caribbean,,,,it was my first time on this ship,,,took Regent Voyager last yr. This was even better since it had no aft vibration problems.
Real problem was embarkation,,had computer probs at Ft.Lauderdale and waited 3 hrs.to board,with little info,,no food...real MESS...Regent is moving in Jan.to Miami,,,and this may be some of the reason why,,,a very POOR first impression..and crowds were VERY UPSET>.

Once onboard ,,things improved,,and cabin great...large closet,great bed,good size bathroom with tubs in some rooms. and large showers in others,,,nice size balcony with 2 chairs and table..

Food and service were excellent,,,did NOT have bad meal,,,

Entertainment and lectures,,,very good and had singers,dancers,magician,band,,etc...for 700 passenger ship,,,was impressed...

Went to 8 ports,,,tours inc. in price,,and varied...DH went on horseback rides,snorkel,etc. while I settled for island tours,,art museums,etc...less strenuous...but fun.

Had to cancel some tours,,such as sea activities due to poor weather,,and missed St.Barts due to same,,,can t do much about poor weather,,but sad...was a little rocky ,,but ship seemed to handle swells quite nicely...

To sum up,,,would definitely take another Regent Mariner cruise,,,top of the line,,,
Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 PM

Thanks for your report on the Regent Mariner. I'm glad you had such a good experience. I sailed that ship several years ago, and I'm really happy to know she hasn't missed a beat.
It's true there's not much anyone can do about the weather. I hope the embarkation problems are fixed soon. This is also uncharacteristic for Regent.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 AM

Lightbulb Posted review here,,,and did email
Regent as re.to embarkation probs..but never heard back.Thought some compensation or shipboard credits on future cruise would help appease the many angry passengers due to snafu ..will let you know if I get any response. I realize the port had the computer problem,but Regent could have helped with food,info,etc.in the 2 to 3 hrs.many waited..just not the "luxury" embarkation experience I expected.

Tags
back, cruise, food, forum, line, location, mariner, member, problems, ratings, regent, review, reviews, seas, ships