Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   All Other Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Breaking News: Costa Concordia Emergency (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/37779-breaking-news-costa-concordia-emergency.html)

Dave 01-13-2012 06:28 PM

Breaking News: Costa Concordia Emergency

Costa Concordia has abandoned ship after hitting something off the Tuscan coast of Italy. The ship is listing heavily to starboard but reports say the vessel is not in imminent risk of sinking. All passengers and crew have been evacuated. Sketchy reports still coming in.

Dave 01-13-2012 07:10 PM

Reports are the ship is listing 20 degrees to starboard. Unconfirmed reports of passengers leaping into the sea in a panic when abandon ship was ordered.

Dave 01-13-2012 08:29 PM

Italian news agency reports 6 confirmed dead.

wooddon 01-13-2012 09:16 PM

This is the web site of the news:
Report: 6 killed after cruise ship runs aground off Italian coast - CNN.com

billybuzzy 01-13-2012 09:35 PM

How strange fate is.....I have just been negotiating with My TA for a Costa Cruise on a Fincantieri built ship this afternoon....I do believe I shall hold off for a bit pending review of the cause of this most unfortunate calamity at Sea! Let us all be thankful that the loss of life is relatively low!! My thoughts and prayers for all those in peril upon the Sea!

BillyBuzzy

Cruise Fanatic 01-13-2012 10:01 PM

The Concordia came out in 2006 and the design of this ship is the same as the Carnival Splendor and other Costa and Carnival Cruise lines ships. Most likely this will be a human error. Very tragic. Six deaths already with possibly more casualties. Praying for everyone.

Bob1958 01-14-2012 05:32 AM

The ship apparently ran aground. Whether that's due to human error or instrument failure, it's hard to believe that could happen with all of today's technology. How awful this is!

Casanova frankenstein 01-14-2012 05:32 AM

Hi guys
Is been a while but is good to be back

About the Costa concordia:

The design looks like the carnival destiny and Carnival Victory what happen?? what do the ship hit??
I do not think a ship can capside this fast what was the problem an explosion??
I really interested in tis looking by the design I really concern something like this can happen to the Carnival Victory...

Dave 01-14-2012 07:09 AM

The death toll is now down to 3 but divers are searching the waters and the ship - which is beached pretty much vertically. The images are very troubling. Fox News Images.

You can see a pretty significant gash in the port side below the water line.

peter l 01-14-2012 07:36 AM

Cruise ship Accident

The pictures and coverage this morning about the Italian cruise ship that most probably hit rocks and immediately began taking on water is quite scary. They are saying that they have a number of people that are missing in addition to those that perished. My thoughts and prayers go out to those that have suffered and the families that have lost loved ones on what was to be an adventure in the Med. An investigation will ultimately tell us what happend but it appears the ship was not where it should have been.

Peterl