Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default Breaking News: Costa Concordia Emergency
Costa Concordia has abandoned ship after hitting something off the Tuscan coast of Italy. The ship is listing heavily to starboard but reports say the vessel is not in imminent risk of sinking. All passengers and crew have been evacuated. Sketchy reports still coming in.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Reports are the ship is listing 20 degrees to starboard. Unconfirmed reports of passengers leaping into the sea in a panic when abandon ship was ordered.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Italian news agency reports 6 confirmed dead.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 PM

This is the web site of the news:
Report: 6 killed after cruise ship runs aground off Italian coast - CNN.com
Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 PM
How strange fate is.....I have just been negotiating with My TA for a Costa Cruise on a Fincantieri built ship this afternoon....I do believe I shall hold off for a bit pending review of the cause of this most unfortunate calamity at Sea! Let us all be thankful that the loss of life is relatively low!! My thoughts and prayers for all those in peril upon the Sea!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 PM

The Concordia came out in 2006 and the design of this ship is the same as the Carnival Splendor and other Costa and Carnival Cruise lines ships. Most likely this will be a human error. Very tragic. Six deaths already with possibly more casualties. Praying for everyone.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 AM

Unhappy
The ship apparently ran aground. Whether that's due to human error or instrument failure, it's hard to believe that could happen with all of today's technology. How awful this is!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Hi guys
Is been a while but is good to be back

About the Costa concordia:

The design looks like the carnival destiny and Carnival Victory what happen?? what do the ship hit??
I do not think a ship can capside this fast what was the problem an explosion??
I really interested in tis looking by the design I really concern something like this can happen to the Carnival Victory...
Old 01-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Administrator

The death toll is now down to 3 but divers are searching the waters and the ship - which is beached pretty much vertically. The images are very troubling. Fox News Images.

You can see a pretty significant gash in the port side below the water line.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:36 AM

Unhappy Cruise ship Accident
The pictures and coverage this morning about the Italian cruise ship that most probably hit rocks and immediately began taking on water is quite scary. They are saying that they have a number of people that are missing in addition to those that perished. My thoughts and prayers go out to those that have suffered and the families that have lost loved ones on what was to be an adventure in the Med. An investigation will ultimately tell us what happend but it appears the ship was not where it should have been.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Last edited by Sandy; 01-14-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Merged from duplicate discussion.

Tags
abandoned, breaking, capsideing, concordia, costa, cruise, cruises, cs, design, forum, lineemergency, location, news, reviews, ship