Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 06:12 PM

Readers of Condé Nast Traveller magazine in the United Kingdom have voted Windstar Cruises the number one small-ship cruise line in the world.

The luxury sail cruise line received an exceptionally high rating of 90.63% that put the line in first place for small-ship cruise lines, including all luxury and ultra-luxury lines. The high score also beat the top-rated large-ship cruise line, making Windstar the highest rated cruise line out of both small and large-ship lines.

“We are very proud to be voted the number one small-ship cruise line in the world in the prestigious Readers’ Travel Awards,” says Tom Russell, Windstar’s vice president marketing and sales. “Windstar is truly ‘180-degrees from ordinary’ with a winning combination of elegant sailing ships, intimate atmosphere, exotic itineraries, and of course our incredibly friendly staff. The high-level of individual service and genuine hospitality provided by our professional staff stands out. The letters we receive from guests glow with commendations, and our guests continue to return to sail with us year after year.”

Aside from North America, Windstar draws more guests from the United Kingdom than anywhere else in the world.

Cruise line ratings are based on the following criteria: service/staff, value for money, food/restaurants, facilities/activities, standard/comfort of cabins, itinerary/variety of destinations and ambience/décor. The readers of Condé Nast Traveller UK rate the top cruise lines, cities, islands, hotels, airlines, airports, countries, spas and tour operators during the annual awards.

Windstar was also named to the magazine’s “Top 100” list which is comprised of the highest scores from all categories.

The results from the 2004 readers’ poll appear in the October 2004 issue of the magazine. The awards list the best that travel has to offer as voted by readers of Condé Nast Traveller’s UK edition. Windstar scored highest for facilities/activities and value for money.
About Windstar Cruises

Seattle-based Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and their ability to visit the hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations. Carrying just 148 to 308 guests, the luxurious ships of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at more than 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas.

Windstar’s trademark “casual elegance” delivers a sophisticated yet relaxed experience with all-
view staterooms and suites, innovative cuisine and wine selections, open dining, pleasant and pampering service, enchanting ports of call, complimentary water sports and resort-style dress. Guests will appreciate recent ship enhancements which range from flat screen LCD TVs and DVD players in staterooms to new fabrics, décor and window treatments throughout the ship.

Windstar offers optional trip cancellation protection that provides cash back when you cancel for any reason prior to 24-hours before departure. For more information including brochures, rates and itineraries contact a professional travel agent
Old 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the info on Windstar, Tom. I have wanted to cruise with them for years, from the time they had the ship in Tahiti, to the Carrib. The only thing that has held me back is the thought that seasickness would be more likely - after all, it is a sailing ship. People have said that the sails are not used very often, but just the thought of the possibility has made me pass.......I have not booked a cruise with Seadream for the same reason. They are not a sailing ships, but they are small, and I just don't want to chance it. Thats why I have stayed with only considering RSSC and SS. I know there are lots of meds for seasickness, but the scop patch has numerous problems (I have tried it) and there is just nothing that is surefire, unfortunately. Hubby and I are just prone to that, and so we do have to take that into consideration when we cruse. So far, our cruises on SS have been relatively smooth....

Glenda

Closed Thread

Tags
conde, cruise, cruises, cruising, line, nast, naste, number, rated, ratings, reviews, ship, small, voted, windstar