Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   All Other Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Seabourn Cruise Review (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/39013-seabourn-cruise-review.html)

joecarballosa 01-18-2013 07:04 AM

Seabourn Cruise Review

Seabourn is overrated and overpriced! They are owned by Carnival and are cutting costs in the wrong places. The food is not that great, the entertainment is mediocre, the all-inclusive wines are barely drinkable and the shore excursions are way over-priced. We went on a cruise during the holidays on the Sojourn and the lunches provided with their shore excursions were terrible. And, they did not even provide water during the excursions. Worse of all, I requested a special diet because I am severely allergic to gluten and they gave me pasta cooked in water with gluten. This made me very sick with intestinal bleeding for the rest of the cruise and I am still sick a week later. I wrote to Seabourn and all they offered was a small credit for a future cruise. So, if you have special dietary requirements, do not even think about going on Seabourn. We expected so much more and are very disappointed.

alexandra cruiser 01-18-2013 11:11 AM

Wow, such a complete opposite of MY experience

on Sojourn last year. Sorry to hear about your dietary problem and that should have been handled properly,I agree.
We enjoyed our food,wine,and shore excursions,,sad that you didnt have same experence.
I can see why you d never give them another chance,but just wanted to let others know not ALL cruisers had same experience.
Hope that this was just a random problem and not indication of all cruises on Sojourn.
My only concern was the smoking policy and due to that,would probably avoid Seabourn in future.

shockersdud 01-27-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecarballosa (Post 296408)
Seabourn is overrated and overpriced! They are owned by Carnival and are cutting costs in the wrong places. The food is not that great, the entertainment is mediocre, the all-inclusive wines are barely drinkable and the shore excursions are way over-priced. We went on a cruise during the holidays on the Sojourn and the lunches provided with their shore excursions were terrible. And, they did not even provide water during the excursions. Worse of all, I requested a special diet because I am severely allergic to gluten and they gave me pasta cooked in water with gluten. This made me very sick with intestinal bleeding for the rest of the cruise and I am still sick a week later. I wrote to Seabourn and all they offered was a small credit for a future cruise. So, if you have special dietary requirements, do not even think about going on Seabourn. We expected so much more and are very disappointed.

Very much confused. Just planing cruise trip and I am reading two different reviews. Need to gather more information

shockersdud 01-27-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockersdud (Post 296647)
Very much confused. Just planing cruise trip and I am reading two different product reviews. Need to gather more information

Do you know another service provider who can arrange cruise trip? Waiting for reply.

alexandra cruiser 01-28-2013 01:02 PM

Lots of cruise websites,just google

can also contact many internet agencies and check out cruiselines there.

Also, go to the cruise website for info and reviews.

When booking ,do a lot of reviewing ahead of time. Lots of info out there,research carefully before.Good luck.

Even have travel agents that specialize in just cruises. Ive been on about 25 cruises(both river and ocean) and everyone has their own needs.Find what YOU prefer,large or small ship,luxury or mass market,etc...no one answer for everyone.