Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Smile MSC Divina in My Future
Getting back to cruising after a long and circuitous break for family medical reasons We have opted to take advantage of MSC's late season specials and are heading down to Miami in late Sept. for a Western Caribbean adventure. The ports are long familiar to Us but the cost for a balcony was unbeatable and We have noted the ever increasing favorable reviews of the "Americanized" Divina........We need to get some seaweed back between Our toes after a tough, difficult Spring and Summer which has affected many of Our plans!!!
Count Us as "Back On Board"!!!! We'll be MSCeeing You!!!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Oh Billybuzzy hope you and yours are all doing well! I did truly enjoy the MSC Divina. I want to go back with my husband. He was unable to go and so off I went with a friend. We both did enjoy it. Lots of Europeans onboard which I do enjoy talking to people from other places. Shows are awesome too. Enjoy !! Beautiful ship and I would love to give the MSC Yacht Club a try !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Administrator

My wife won a prize for the upcoming Celtic Thunder music cruise on MSC Divina on November 8. It's a discount coupon that left us essentially paying the port fees and taxes. So, off we go for 4 nights of charter cruising with several bands and singers. I'm not a huge fan of that style of music but I like it enough!

It will also be almost exactly one year since the ship arrived in Miami and I was aboard for a media cruise. I am looking forward to seeing how service and the other things that most of us thought needed work are doing. As Billy said, the reviews have gotten better as months rolled past.

I remember the food was really good for the most part. Remarkable steaks in the Eataly steak house, pasta dishes, and awesome pizza.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Dave
Can't wait for your thoughts. I want to take my husband to experience it. He was unable to go when I went in June. I did enjoy it. Would love to try the Yacht Club !! Have a great time! Oh yeah I did have the best steak in the Eataly steak house too ! Loved that aft swimming pool area.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Dave and Janfred...Eataly is at the top of our MSC Divina Dining List as well as anything Italian!! We are looking forward to this cruise more so than any cruise over the past years.....For Us it is a return to normal as much as possible after a grievous family loss (Mother)...Other residual Family Health Concerns remain and have caused Us to re-plan Our Wintering over in Italy this 2014-2015 season. Our new schedule has Us on the very Italian MSC Divina thence on to many other destinations including Europe and Cruising the Med (7 voyages by May 2015) but nothing will keep Us overseas or away more than 15 days.

As I said...We need to get that seaweed back between Our Toes.......We take My Family's cruising spirit with Us always!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Billybuzzy, I am so sorry for your lost, I know how tough that was for you. Hope you are all feeling well and doing great too.
When do you go on MSC Divina? I enjoyed that cruise very much. A few things needed tweaked but I hope that has been completed. I didn't think it was anything to keep me away. I really enjoy meeting people from all over the world and MSC Divina even leaving from Miami was almost all Europeans. We were told at late dinner there were only 12 American couples! I had nice chat with so many people from all over Europe. You don't really see that too often leaving for the Caribbean from the East Coast! Wonderful entertainment and different too! Can't wait to read your review! Oh and I just loved the Pool all the way in the Aft of the ship, I think deck 15 ..wonderful !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-02-2014, 03:51 PM

So sorry for your loss. I hope the remaining health issues are resolved and it's "smooth sailing" from now on.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Janfred and Sandy...Thank You for your condolences, Mother passed comfortably at the Connecticut Hospice (the first in the USA) in Branford, CT.......We were able to spend many happy/sad/reminiscent hours while she was attended to by angelic staff (as We all imagine the nursing profession to be)...We were actually able to stay in a room not more than 50 ft away from her (for nearly a month)...if such a thing is possible...We no longer have a fear of the final passage!

She was a veteran cruiser and did many long crossings of both the Atlantic and the Pacific. Great GrandDaughter of a Clipper Skipper, the Sea was in Her Spirit. She passed away viewing the Sea from an Oceanfront Room as fitting a passing as anyone could possibly ask for. Now I take that same spirit back to sea with Me!!!! It is not a Ship......nor a Voyage......nor a Cruiseline.........It is the spirit of Our Great Mother Ocean...whereby We all return to the Sea!!!

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 09-03-2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Janfred......We are off on the MSC Divina in a comfy Stern Balcony on Guinnone Deck on Sept. 17th...with the huge balcony.....MMMH! MMMH! MMMH! We will finally get to go rafting down the Martha Brae (something I have wanted to do for nearly 30 Yrs) (Yes, I have procrastinated)......We have been tracking the Divina since Her launch and really are quite enthusiastic about this Western Caribbean adventure!!!! I'll be sure to keep You posted regarding the voyage!!!

Our 2014-2015 "Wave Season" has a nice mix of cruiselines MSC, NCL,Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival.....How's that for variety....We don't play favorites despite "Platinum" status (or equivalent) on more than one cruiseline!!! We Love them all!!!

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 09-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Administrator

One thing to note about Eataly Steakhouse - while the food is fantastic, it's a strange dining experience because the place looks like a high school cafeteria. I don't understand why they chose that decor.