Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 PM

Does anyone know anything about Voyages of Discovery? Specifically MV Discovery.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
I spent a lot of time on MV Discovery when it was MV Island Princess, and from photos I've seen it hasn't changed much and looks like it has been kept in excellent condition. It is a wonderful ship--not all the bells & whistles of the modern vessels, but a truly classic cruise ship. And the itineraries I've seen of Voyages of Discovery are incredible. Was there something specefic you were looking for?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 PM

Thank you. We have done a few cruises and are quite fussy about the ships we travel on. We have travelled on all the Queens, Pacific Princess, and a few others, all excellent, and lastly Saga Ruby which was a truly wonderful, amazing experience. We prefer smaller ships and it is sad to see the Queens getting bigger and bigger. They say there will never be another QEII but why not? It is/was surely the best of all the Cunard ships. We have been put off large ships.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
They say there will never be another QEII but why not?
Cunard is almost finished building a new Queen Elizabeth, which debuts this coming Fall. It will be about 90,000 tons and hold about 2,100 people. It's not the old QEII but is their latest ship with that name.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:58 PM

But it's TOO BIG! I was dismayed when I heard it was going to be such a large ship. 2,000 passengers is way too many in my book. We have experienced both large and small ships and much prefer the smaller ships. MV Discovery sounds a smaller ship but it was the itinerary we were interested in, which is why I am keen to know more about that ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, cruise, discovery, locator, modern, mv, review, reviews, ship, vessel, voyages