Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2002, 08:08 AM

I just received a note that Renaissance is starting back up again.

Does anyone have any information about that?

*Timing?
    Ships they will be using?
    Destinations?
    Unique offers or immenities?
    Any estimate of risk to consider a reservation?[/list]
    Jim R.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:08 AM

I just received a note that Renaissance is starting back up again.

Does anyone have any information about that?

*Timing?
    Ships they will be using?
    Destinations?
    Unique offers or immenities?
    Any estimate of risk to consider a reservation?[/list]
    Jim R.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:46 PM

I have received email also saying Renaissance Cruises is Back. This is being discussed on various boards. From what I have seen and read it seems the person who has the legal right to use the Renaissance cruise name does not appear to know anything about it. AGAIN THIS IS WHAT I HAVE READ ON OTHER BOARDS AND HAS NOT BEEN VARIFIED TO MY KNOWLEDGE.

I had heard that Princess had bought a couple of the newer Renaissance ships for sailing Hawaii and Tahiti routes but that was a month or so back.

So the only thing that is known for sure is nothing is known for sure.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:02 PM

What PEB is referring to is an arrangement Princess is in process of, to use a couple of the Renaissance ships in the South Pacific. I'm not sure if that's been finalized, and I am pretty sure they're not buying them - at least not yet - more like a longterm lease. Anyone else know more about this?
I haven't received any of the emails directly from whoever it is claiming that Renaissance is again planning to up and running, but I am highly skeptical. Have seen some reference to it on this and other cruise boards, but nothing definitive so far.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:13 AM

Karen the email I received just mentions that further information on Renaissance Cruise wil be coming in future months. It gave a web site to look at and I did not try it but know others that did and said the web site is not there.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:05 AM

No surprise there! Thanks, PEB! Just got an email today with a few more details about R3 and R4, being purchased on a lease-purchase agreement by Princess (P&O) Cruises for use in the So. Pacific. They are to be renamed Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess (so there goes the old original "Love Boat" - no word yet on plans for her!
Karen
Old 08-12-2002, 10:29 AM

An update on previous postings re: the "New Renaissance" cruises. Seems someone has bought the rights to the Renaissance name and logos and is using it on their website to promote (sucker?) people into booking cruises with them. However, these cruises will almost undoubtedly not be on Renaissance ships, as all of them have been sold by the bankruptcy court. If someone is interested in cruising on a former Renaissance ship, look into Princess - they are currently lease/buying two of them in the South Pacific. They will be renamed Tahitian Princess and (apparently) Pacific Princess. This does seem to imply some changes for the current Pacific Princess...
Karen
Old 08-20-2002, 02:40 PM

Hi folks,

anybody interested in the "Renaissance Comeback" should take a look a the current issue of Cruising & Beyond" for the full disillusioning story.

Raoul Fiebig

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-30-2002, 09:42 AM

They are back and named [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] Oceana or Oceania cruise line with the R1 named Regatta. Inaugural cruise July 5th Barcelona to Dover.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:31 AM

One of the owners of the old Renaissance got together with someone else, and started a new company. I personally, would not feel comfortable going with a new company when they couldn't run the previous one successfully. But again, that's just my opinion. There's other well established companies doing the same route as mentioned.

Closed Thread