Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2004, 02:57 PM

There are a group of us planning to go on a Mexican Riviera cruise over Spring Break next year. Our choices are HAL Oosterdam, RCI Vision of Seas or Diamond Princess. Price not being a factor, need some help with decinding which cruiseline to choose. Any opinions or suggestions?
Sandy
Old 07-30-2004, 03:27 PM

It would depend on the ages and expectations of your group. Here is how I would rate the ships...HAL, older crowd. Princess, younger than HAL, but older than RCI. RCI is going to have a younger crowd (by younger, I mean that there will be lots of people in their 30s, 40s and 50s)

Also, check the itineraries. If one is offering a 1/2 day stop in Cabo, go with the one that has a full day.

I just got off the Legend of the Seas on the Mexican Riviera itinerary and LOVED it. Since she was built as a world cruiser, she can run fast enough to make the run to Cabo to offer a full day's stay. Everything about RCI was wonderful and I would highly recommend it.

I am working on a MEGA review of the experience, but let me know if you have any questions.

Tom
Old 07-31-2004, 09:41 AM

BeachBunny,
I agree with Tom's asessment of your choices, but would also add that you need to consider children during Spring Break. If you are traveling as families with children, I would definitely lean towards RCI as I believe they have the best youth program.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-02-2004, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I am a school teacher, so totally aware of the "Spring Break" dynamics. The group is somewhat mixed - most of us are adults, but there will be a couple people who plan to bring their childern, so your advice is well-taken. As for age - that is where a problem comes into play - we have everything from 20 somethings (both singles and couples) to over 60 going on this trip. Any suggestions for what will appeal to our multi-generational group? Personally, (as you probably surmise by my name) the ship that offers a full day in Cabo sounds like one way to narrow the options.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:34 PM

My vote would be for the Vision of hte Seas with a back up vote for the Diamond Princess if the Vision didn't work out. Everyone will have a great time.

If the folks in their 60s are an older 60, then I might vote for Princess.

Tom
Old 08-03-2004, 06:46 AM

BeachBunny,
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I must once again agree with Tom. I think I would eliminate HAL from the mix (based on ages of group) and go for Vision as first choice, Diamond Princess second. BTW, the Vision does spend a whole day in Cabo and the Diamond is only there until 2 pm - if that makes a difference.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-03-2004, 09:08 AM

Beachbunny, I just posted a MEGA review of the same itinerary on the Legend of the Seas (sister ship to the Vision) You might want to check it out for more details of the ship, itinerary, etc. It is located at;

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas28.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Let us know what you decide.

Tom
Old 08-05-2004, 06:49 AM

Thanks for all your help. Tom, I found the review very helpful and am now certainly leaning towards the Vision. I will keep you posted when we book.
Sandy
Old 08-05-2004, 07:10 AM

You guys will have such a great time!

Tom
Old 08-05-2004, 08:48 AM

Sandy - Definitely stick with the Vision. I don't think your group would be happy on HAL.
Suzi

Closed Thread

Tags
hal, rci