Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I have never sailed Disney but apparently will in a few years. My son and daughter in law have given notice that they will sail with my grandson on Disney in Europe in a couple of years. Looking at the Disney website I see Veranda cabins with a "White Wall" and "open air port hole" . Are these balconies? What can you tell me about an equivelant to a Carnival Balcony cabin on Disney.

What else would be good to know? We anticipate traveling with a gagle of people including a half dozen kids from 4 to 12.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:24 PM

You're in for a treat sailing on Disney. The "White Wall" (can't see through), is a category 6a or 6b Deluxe Verandah. Categories 5a through 5 E are Deluxe Balcony, but with Plexi-glass. I don't see anything in my information about "open air port hole". Unless you mean the inside room categories that have a "Virtual Port hole" which has an actual view of outside.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 PM
CruiseDad, I think what you are referring to is the Catagory 7A "Navigator Verandah." They are near the aft on decks 5, 6 and 7. It is a balcony that is enclosed in steel except for a very large circle that looks like a really big porthole but is "open air." When looking at the ship from a distance it looks very nice esthetically, but from the balcony it seems more like an "obstructed view."
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
CruiseDad, I think what you are referring to is the Catagory 7A "Navigator Verandah." They are near the aft on decks 5, 6 and 7. It is a balcony that is enclosed in steel except for a very large circle that looks like a really big porthole but is "open air." When looking at the ship from a distance it looks very nice esthetically, but from the balcony it seems more like an "obstructed view."
Thanks
Is there a class that is more comparable to the kind of balcony on Carnival with just a railing about 4 ft high. From the pictures of the MAGIC it looks like mid ships have more what I'm thinking of. I don't think I'd like the Navigator Veranda, I agree sound like obstructed view. Perhaps if you have small adventerous children that is a benefit or even a safety thing. But my wife and I are old enough not to fall off a cruise ship.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I haven't been on Carnival yet but the 5A etc. that Cruise Fanatic mentioned are more like what I'm use to on Princess, with the see-through tinted Plexi-glass.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, balcony, caribbean, category, cruise, disney, inside, open, porthole, room, royal, stateroom, verandah, wall, white