Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2002, 06:17 AM

Is anyone travelling around the med this yr, on festival new ship European Star
Old 07-08-2002, 06:17 AM

Old 07-09-2002, 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by susanne:

Hi Susanne!

I have not seen any reviews of the "European Stars" (except the ones in German cruise magazines). Are you considering booking her?

Raoul

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-10-2002, 03:56 AM

I have already booked for the European Star in August.I went with Festival last yr on the European Vision and had a great holiday, so going back again on the new ship, but have upgraded our cabin..
Old 08-06-2002, 07:20 PM

Festival is the parent of First European, right? They have another new ship debuting called Mistral.

I've been trying to find a good eastern med itinerary, and they seem to have a really good one.

All the reviews I have read of Costa have said they are fine for us in the Caribbean, but not necessarily the best experience in the mediterannean. And Royal Olympic only sends their old ships to the islands I want to explore.

Anyway, any insight on First European/festival is appreciated...

Queen of Bermuda, New Years '89
Tropicale, 2/99
Explorer of the Seas, 9/7/02
Queen Mary 2, 1/31/04
Radiance of the Seas, 10/18/02
QE2, 6/1/03
Celebrity Infinity, 7/25/03
Grandeur of the Seas, 10/11/03
Queen Mary 2, 1/31/04
Old 08-07-2002, 06:53 AM

mattilina,
Festival -first european are the same company, I went with them last yr, fantastic and back on there new ship European Star this yr, see there website both trips around the Med. rECOMMENDED
Old 08-07-2002, 07:43 AM

Hi!

Festival is marketed as First European in the US. When Festival wanted to enter the American market several years ago, Carnival still operated the "Festivale", so in order to avoid trouble Festival decided to use the marketing name "First European".

Festival operates seven ships. One of them, "Bolero", is used for a joint-venture in Spain 12, while the rest of the fleet is divided into two brands: the newbuilds (called the "Premium Fleet") and the older second-hand tonnage (called the "Discovery Fleet"). The "Mistral" was the first premium ship in 1999, and "European Vision" and "European Stars" are similar, but longer and with more balcony mini-suites. In the "Discovery Fleet" are the "Flamenco" (ex-"Sun Princess"), "The Azur", and (from December, 2002) the "Caribé" (ex-"Valtur Prima"), which will not be available in America as it sails out of Cuba year-round.

The "Mistral" won't be doing Mediterranean cruises next summer, as she will replace the "Flamenco" in the Baltic / Norwegian Fjords. "European Vision" is scheduled to do the Eastern Mediterranean again next year.

Raoul Fiebig

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-07-2002, 08:54 AM

dear raoul, you are so knowledgible on all ships..I went on European Vision and Stars soon, so will post a review when i get back form theMed.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:38 AM

I have just returned from yet another great cruise with Festival, around the Med for 8 days on there new ship European Star.We had a wonderful suite, which ensures a bigger cabin and walkin wardrobe,batheroom with shower and bath,balcony with chairs,king size bed and sofa bed etc..We dined in the restuarant for people in suites and the waitress was superb, and 2 attended to us every night.The ship is lovely, pool area kept imaculately clean and the food all available all day.The excursions for the ENGLISH were well organised and we had english guides.There are only approx 30 per cent english, as Italian line, but that was not a prob and we met with some each evening. I am already looking for the itinarys for next yr...Can I help any further just ask..
Old 08-30-2002, 08:44 AM

Hi Susanne,

it's so wonderful to learn that you had a great time onboard. I would love to hear more about your cruise, and I'm sure others would appreciate a full review, as well. If you'd like to write one, I would make sure that it will be included in the CR database!

Thanks again,

Raoul Fiebig

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread