Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2004, 09:32 AM

I'm considering a trip on the Insignia in late December to South America...curious about the cruise line, the ship, and particularly the weather in late December...any information will be helpful...
Old 04-24-2004, 09:32 AM

I'm considering a trip on the Insignia in late December to South America...curious about the cruise line, the ship, and particularly the weather in late December...any information will be helpful...
Old 04-24-2004, 12:59 PM

Read my review I posted in Cruisemates.com
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 PM

I dont know the Insignia, but I have sail on the Regata (sister ship)is a medium ship food and service A+, a ship for elegant travelers who care to dress to dinner. South America, at that time is summer the weather es muy bueno. You made a good seleccion. priso
Old 04-29-2004, 05:42 AM

Hi,

I sailed on the "Regatta" last September. It is a superb, medium-sized cruise ship with good facilities, excellent food and very good service. The value for the money is also extremely good. Extra costs onboard are average for drinks but fairly hefty as far as onboard shopping and shore excursions are concerned.

On Oceania there is no strict dress code, and there are no formal or semi-formal nights. Yet many passengers dress fairly elegantly, if casually in most cases. This really is a very much recommended product for somebody who would like a major step above the mass market lines without paying the high fares or accepting the formality of some of the ultra-deluxe lines.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-29-2004, 08:42 PM

South America is excellent in December and you should have excellent weather (well as good as it gets rounding the horn) I have not sailed on Oceania, but did sail on Renaissance and loved the ships.

The guy from Cruisemates that posted here makes me wonder if he works for Cruisemates and is trying to get folks to post their reviews there?

Oh well, I guess it says something about Cruise-Chat.com to allow such a posting to remain.

Keep the good work up.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:05 AM

Hi 11th Deck,

I guess it says that we do not try to censor postings unless it really is necessary.

If your speculation was true, wouldn't it rather tell you something about Cruisemates?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-30-2004, 08:21 PM

One thing I have figured out is that folks generally arrive at the same conclusion regarding manipulation if given the opportunity. That is why I think censorship is best served in small doses, only when absolutely necesary.

Raoul, you do a great job and the readers of Cruise-Chat.com should be thankful you are here.

Tom
Old 09-01-2004, 09:42 AM

>>The value for the money is also extremely >>good.

Ok, "Regatta" is a nice ship,

but Delfin reniasance (r7) I think
is much cheaper.

Douglas Word wrote something like that
"value for the money is also extremely >>good"
about D.R.

But not about "Regatta"

Sorry

Regards
D.F.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:49 PM

Hi D.F.,

but then "Delphin Renaissance" is a ship exclusively marketed in German-speaking countries, so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

I have been on both ships, "Regatta" and "Delphin Renaissance" when she was still "R Seven". There's no doubt whatsoever that "Regatta" is the better ship. Delphin has make some nice changes from what I have seen, but they cannot be compared to what Oceania has spent on "Regatta".

And then, I don't think "Delphin Renaissance" is cheaper. If you compare the Oceania fares in USD with the Delphin fares in EUR, Oceania is more expensive. But if you take into consideration the current strong EUR, they are quite similar for European passengers, while Delphin is more expensive for American travelers. Plus they get a ship with a tradional German cruise product that is by no means tailored to their tastes.

Hence, I seriously doubt that Delphin is a worthy alternative to Oceania as far as American passengers are concerned, no matter what Douglas Ward says. And since I know him personally, I doubt he would disagree with me here.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
ameria, america, american, cruise, cruises, december, insignia, late, line, oceania, review, reviews, ship, south, weather