Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 AM

Has anyone cruised on the Braemar
Would be interested in your views
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 AM

Has anyone cruised on the Braemar
Would be interested in your views
Old 03-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned

I too would love to hear about her. We saw her down in Barbados when we were with a Costa Cruise. She looked very nice, and we were talking with the Captain. He seemed very nice, and all the people coming and going looked happy.Can it be booked in Canada?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:29 AM

I have twice sailed on the Braemar, one of four ships belonging to the Fred Olsen line. She sails mainly out of the UK, but does do part of her season out of the caribbean. The passengers are nearly all British. All have a warm and friendly feeling are well maintained and the food is of a high standard. If you need to know about any of the Fred Olsen ships {I have said on all of them} I would be pleased to answer
Old 03-29-2006, 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brilie:
I have twice sailed on the Braemar, one of four ships belonging to the Fred Olsen line. She sails mainly out of the UK, but does do part of her season out of the caribbean. The passengers are nearly all British. All have a warm and friendly feeling are well maintained and the food is of a high standard. If you need to know about any of the Fred Olsen ships {I have said on all of them} I would be pleased to answer
We are going on the Black Watch for the first time next Month ( April 06) I have been told that the average age is 80, which is not really a problem, but would be very intrested in you views on the ship.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:18 AM

The Black Watch is a fine traditional cruise ship,with a warm and friendly crew. Most passengers return time and time again, including me. Although many of the passengers are elderly there are many who are not.The ship does have a very British feel, with the food catering to their tastes and is of a good standard. I am sure you will enjoy cruising on her. She may not be glitzy or have a wow factor, but she will give you the feel of cruising from a bygone age.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:30 AM

Thank you Brillie for your reply, the Black Watch sounds just what we are looking for. We have always cruised with another company who seem to have lost the personal touch and the the ships are to large what we call 'Glass and Brass' and so many people!!. So now with you information we can lok forward to a good holiday, Happy Cruising.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM

i must admit as a 42 yr old i did prefer the black watch to the braemar it was more friendly...braemar was a little stuffy and seemed to be full of regular braemar cruisers who made you feel like you were invading thier space....entertainment was abysmal..daytime was "how to make your will" or the "walking stick whistler" make your own walking stick from a piece of wood..so you can imagine what age group they cater for!!!
If your under 50 stay away

Closed Thread

Tags
braemar, fred, olsen, registered, reviews