Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM

I have a 10yr. old son who has been on 4 cruises already- i was thinking of doing a Med. cruise with him on a Oceania ship- a 12 day- seemed like a good way to do Europe with him- any thoughts?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 AM

What cruise line has he already been on? Are you concerned about the activities for him on the ship or about the activities in the ports? What itinerary are you doing? Oceania is a deluxe cruise line and isn't children oriented.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 AM

He's been on Princess (3) Carnival (1- never again). Venice to Rome/ venice 2d, dubrovnik 2d, kotor 1, corfu 1, sicily 1, capri 1, almafi 1, florence 1, monte carlo 1, cinque terre 1, portofino 1, rome- I just want to make sure he won't be too out-of-place (he's well behaved.) And that the staff will be welcoming at least.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 AM

I am positive the crew will be welcoming and will go out of their way to make his cruise memorable. Please let us know how it goes, what a fantastic way to get to see different cultures and countries. That is one of the best methods of education one can receive. Kudos to you!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Depending on the time of year there may be a few children onboard
Be sure to bring something for him to do when on board they do not have any childrens program.

ENJOY
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 AM

I've been on Oceana with 2 kids (9+7) and they loved it so much we're going back. They spend all day in the children's clubs and had to be dragged away at night. The main restaurant will do chicken nuggets etc even on formal nights (not on menu, you just ask). They found the trips interesting although could get bored on coach. No cinema but film was put on screen in theatre some afternoons. We spent a lot of time dropping off and collecting for activities eg table tennis, water polo. Staff excellent.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Polestar:
I've been on Oceana with 2 kids (9+7) and they loved it so much we're going back.
I think you have confused the cruise lines
Oceana is a ship from P & O
Oceania is the cruise line with 3 small ships (so far)They have no children's programs nor formal nights
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 PM

Just wondering if you've booked the mediterranean trip or have already been on it. I'm thinking of a doing a disney med cruise with my 3 kids (5 years old and 2 and a half year old twins) in August. People I mention this to think we're crazy, but I think it'll be a great way to see a bit of Europe and they'll love the Disney ship I'm sure.
How do most young kids do on the cruises? Is sea sickness a problem?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 AM

Hi LisaM, welcome to Cruise-Chat! You know your children the best. If they get car sick, there is a chance they would get sea sick. There are natural remedies, green apples and ginger are two I know of. However, with as much fun as they will be having, I doubt sea sickness will be on their minds.

Like I said before, you know your children. I doubt that once they're on board, there will be much of a problem. How about flying? How about excursions? Can they handle rides in buses? Can they handle crowds? Personally, I think travel is the best education a child can receive. Disney is a fantastic line and offers a wonderful experience, not only for the children. I've been on cruises with children of all ages. Some of them love it, some of them throw tantrums.

Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
alabama, canada, carribean, children, cruise, cruises, insignia, kids, kotor, marina, oceania, review, reviews, sea, sick