Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   All Other Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Disney To Offer Free Kid's Fare For Select West Coast Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/all-other-cruise-lines/7146-disney-offer-free-kids-fare-select-west-coast-cruises.html)

Dave 06-11-2010 01:58 PM

I don't think Disney has ever done this before - offer free kids fare. Read more HERE

f-mattox 06-12-2010 08:40 PM

Thanks Dave; I actually think I'm going to take advantage of this. Somehow I never really saw myself on a Disney Cruise, but the youngest Grandson is four now and I think this would be a perfect getaway for Vita and me and Jon, Melinda and Jasper.

Anyone considering this offer, don't wait too long: some catagories on some sailings are already gone.

f-mattox 06-13-2010 07:50 PM

Again, thank you Dave; I booked two oceanviews for the five of us to the Mexican Riviera (where else) in February. This will be a whole new experience.

Dave 06-14-2010 07:37 AM

The L.A. dilemma - where to cruise to. "Let's see, do I want to go to the Mexican Riviera, or should we try the Mexican Riveria?"

There are lots of adult things to do in Disney, should you need a break.

f-mattox 06-14-2010 12:27 PM

The more I look into it the more I like it; especially the three pool concept: one for kids, one for families and one for adults; and I see an "adults only" dining option too. The four adults can split up the "Jasper duty" so everybody will get a nice break.

gdjoslin 06-16-2010 06:08 AM

Looks like a great cruise. I would be tempted if we weren't doing a land vacation this year. Have a great time!

Yea I wish they could come up with some "different cruise package" for the west coast. The same 3 port, no matter what brand you take.

f-mattox 06-16-2010 10:35 AM

I know what you mean, Gary; the only way to get any veriety is to go to 8 or 10 days. I don't much care for Acapulco, although sailing into or out of the bay is one of the great cruise experiences. And Zihuatanejo and Manzanillo are very nice; and up in the Sea of Cortez, La Paz and Guaymas make a nice change.

gdjoslin 06-16-2010 10:53 AM

Agreed. Acapulco is not the best. Other ports are good. I also enjoy the extra sea day. HAL has a cruise they do now and then in the Sea of Cortez. It is a 10 day, but so far our time off has not match the time it is offered.

f-mattox 06-28-2010 12:31 PM

Dave, thank you again for that timely tip; those cruises are now sold out except for one 10-day in April. I booked two days after you posted and got the last two oceanviews together on the 2/27 sailing. Thanks again!

Cruise Fanatic 06-28-2010 01:13 PM

Disney did have this same offer last year except it was in the Caribbean. They sell out very quickly. Anytime you see Disney discount anything you better grab it fast.

F-Mattox. I've been on Disney three times. The adult pool is a nice area with a bar. My first time on Disney I didn't realize we were so close by the horn. One loud blast and then it goes into "When you wish upon a star." Very unique. The adult restaurant does have a nominal surcharge. The whole rotating dining rooms plan is fun though.