Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 10:06 PM

Hello,

I am new to cruising and I will be taking a Disney cruise in 2007. Can anyone ( whoever has been on a Disney cruise) can tell me if you have ever felt seasick, and does that happens on cruises anymore?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:47 PM

Personally I have never gotten motion sickness from any of my cruises. However; everyone is different in their sensitivity to motion. All the ships now days have stabalizers. There are many different remedies a person can use though. Such as Dramamine, Ginger tablets, wrist bands, and the patches which you would have to check with a Doctor. You may have no problem at all. Do you have problems riding in a car or on amusement rides?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:29 PM

I never get sick in the car and on rides, but I guess I worry about everything and I should not. I just want to have a nice vacation.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Don't worry i fort i was goin to be seasick but i was fine i have only been on 2 cruises any my second on is in august i have never felt sick one while onboard its like a hotel on water

happy cruising
Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 AM

Hello,
As we have been on cruises several times and experienced bad weather conditions (up to wind force 12), we normally buy a special medicine. Scopoderm = 5 small tapes, preferably posted behind the ear. The tapes are effective for 3 days and help you to prevent any bad feeling. You can sleep well and do not feel seasick at all. Recommendation: Handle with care, place it behind the left ear, do not touch it very often and wash you hands each time you touched it, as the ingredients can lead to eye irritations.
Have a nice cruise and a calm see!
Henrike
Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM

New, we were on the Disney Magic Nov. 2001 for a 7 day cruise. We are experienced cruisers (14) and I nor my wife have never gotten sea sick. My daughter got a bit queasy on the SS Independence in Hawaii in gale force winds and seas in 1994 but that was the only time. The Indy did not have stabalizers. The Magic is a beautiful ship with great kids entertainment and quite places for adults only. Also great entertainment and food. Every night they change which restaurant you eat in, though you sit with the same people and have the same wait staff, which was fun. Each Rest. has a different theme. I think they are still doing this your agent can fill you in about this also. Their specialty restaurant is called Palo's, don't miss this one. There is a extra charge for this but is well worth it. No kids were allowed in Palo when we were there. If you do decide to eat there make reservations when you first get on the ship and don't pick the same night you are suppose to eat at Animator's Palate you won't want to miss that one either.
On our cruise we hit some heavy weather a few times, but was hardly noticable, as with most newer ships that have stabalizers. My wife can't ride in the back seat of a car or towards the rear of a bus without feeling ill, but the water dosen't bother her at all. You will never know how you will react on a ship unless you try it. Hopefully you will be fine. Just relax and enjoy, sometimes I think "some" people worry to much about this. I know there are some that just can't take it.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM

If the weather is bad , you can easily get sea sick on any ships. Try to book a cabin on mid ship and low deck.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:56 PM

Disney Magic is awesome!! My family went Sept.2004. We are about to go on our second cruise(this time Holland America) and we hope it will be as fun as the Disney! None of us were seasick! You'll probably be fine!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 AM

My husband has a problem with motion sickness and we have done 17 cruises. This is what we have learned:

1. The bigger the ship (he refuses to go in anything under 70,000 Tons in the Caribbean) less motion.

2. The lower decks and in the middle-to middle back of the ship moves less. Higher up and in the front moves more. As a frequent customer we were expecting a better upgrade from front of ship to the middle/back, and were thrilled we weren't by that night. Worse weather we ever had, picutes were falling off the wall etc. When Ron walked down the two flights from the theater to our room he could really tell the difference. LOCATION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

3. His motion sickness is controlled by the wrist bands. My mother also had good luck with the wrist bands when she felt quesy. But neither had a problem with motion sickness in cars, planes, etc.

Hopefully you wont have any problems with motion sickness. But if you do there are many things available to prevent it.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Since I take patches, a never had problems with sea sickness. The bigger the ship, the better you feel. Take a cabin midships, no upper deck.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread