“Thinking Out of the Bus” Program Also Features Select & Landmark Hotel Options
In Turnaround Ports Plus Specialized Vacation Packages
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL., July 5, 2005 - In a new luxury cruising initiative, Radisson Seven Seas® today announced the launch of “The Travel Concierge,” a multifaceted tour and hotel program that expands upon the line’s distinctive roster of destination offerings with the addition of exclusive, more highly customizable land options. On July 1, “Concierge Choice,” “Concierge à La Carte,” “Concierge Collection” and “Hotels à La Carte” options launched fleet wide.
Whether it’s a helicopter ride over the Amalfi Coast, renting a vintage sports car with a private villa in Tuscany, dining by candlelight in the Cisterns of Istanbul, or any number of other imaginative options, the new “Travel Concierge” program gives guests the freedom to go beyond traditional land and city tours to explore each destination in greater depth - imparting a more personal, experiential touch in every locale.
As luxury goes exploring, guests will now be able to choose from an exciting array of optional services including intimate group tours and the opportunity - via personalized one-on-one consultations - to tailor their time ashore to their own interests, resulting in fully customized, individually designed experiences in ports of call. A dedicated toll free phone line opened July 1 for guests to discuss and set up their own customized programs with the Concierge department.
Luxury Goes Exploring, Personally
“The destination experience lies at the heart of luxury cruising, and the launch of our ‘Travel Concierge’ program will further enhance how our guests go exploring the many intriguing places we call,” said Mark Conroy, president of Radisson Seven Seas. “We’ve created a program that reflects the direct feedback of our guests - and what they’ve told us they want is more intimate, more uniquely personalized and - in some cases - tailor-made experiences when they step ashore. Our well traveled guests want input in crafting their own experiences, and sharing a sense of community, dialogue and exchange that comes with it. The result, our Concierge initiative, adheres to a concept we like to call ‘thinking out of the bus’ - taking land offerings to a whole new level for luxury cruisers.”
· Available only to a limited number of participants, groups will be kept intimate and experiential on such tours as “The Amalfi Coastline by Helicopter and the Island of Capri,” featuring a spectacular ride above the Italian Riviera and the famous Blue Grotto, with lunch at the legendary Grand Hotel Quisisana. All “Concierge Choice” tours will be listed on Radisson Seven Seas’ website, http://www.rssc.com
, and in shore excursion books. Guests may make pre-requests via the web or fax before their cruise departure.
Concierge à La Carte
· For guests seeking something other than “regular” shore programs, the flexible “Concierge à La Carte” service will provide the practical means. Guests may create pre- or post-cruise land and/or hotel programs as well as shore excursions in any of Radisson Seven Seas’ 300 ports of call.
· Using the dedicated toll free phone line, 1-888-TOUR-321, guests will talk with knowledgeable Concierges who will offer compelling choices for experiences that can be designed as tailor-made programs or customized from existing programs to fit individual requests. The personalized programs must be booked by phone once guests have a deposited cruise reservation. There is a $100 per port non-refundable charge for the “Concierge à La Carte” service, unless the arrangement cannot be secured.
· The “Concierge Collection” is a new series of packages, pre-bookable with cruise reservations, featuring multi-night pre- and post-cruise hotel programs in turnaround cities, like “Paris Magnifique,” with two nights at the Plaza Athénée, a personal shopper and dinner catered by two-star Michelin chef Jean-Pierre Vigato on the Yachts de Paris. Pre- and post-cruise land programs such as “Lake Titicaca,” with five nights traveling the world’s highest navigable lake, as well as over land programs like “Journey of The Maharajas by Private Jet,” with tented luxury accommodations in Jaipur and a Taj Mahal view room at the Amarvilas Hotel in Agra.
Hotels à La Carte
· Guests booking pre- or post-cruise hotel packages will now have the added choice of select or landmark hotels in major cities. They may opt for a five-star property like London’s Savoy, or a historic, venerable establishment like Claridge’s, in the heart of London’s upscale shopping district. Hotels must also be pre-booked with cruise reservations.