Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Can anyone tell me if they are familiar with
this ship. Condition, food, company details,
updates etc.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 AM

brummys,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

"Aquamarine" is an older ship - originally Royal Caribbean's second newbuild (then named "Nordic Prince") - that was introduced in 1971. From what I have heard the ship is in a good condition today given its age, and while it is far from being luxurious (and the cabins are very small, indeed) it offers a good value for the money, I have been told by recent passengers.

From next spring, the ship will operate on the German market for approx. 200 days each year bearing the name "Arielle", under a long-term charter agreement with Transocean Tours, a renowned German cruise company.

Louis Cruise Lines is the largest cruise operator in the Eastern Mediterranean. In addition to operating a number of mostly older ships, Louis manages and offers for charter a number of other ships, as well.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Raoul,

'Nordic Prince', did she become Airtours Sun Cruises 'Carousel' for a few years? Im sure ive got the right one.
If so we sailed on her a few years back and would be happy to answer any queries first hand.
Want to make sure ive got my facts straight first though - of course!

Regards

Rosey
Old 08-21-2005, 02:19 PM

Rosey,

yes, she sailed as "Carousel" for Airtours / MyTravel Sun Cruises before joing Louis Cruise Lines earlier this year.

I'd love to hear about your impressions of the ship, as it will sail on the German market beginning next spring.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Hi Raoul

I actually really enjoyed my cruise on the carousel, its true that she is a smaller ship, but with a very sensible layout. All of the public areas are more or less on 2 decks and it is very easy to get around, just 1 restaurant and then the buffet upstairs near the pool, main show bar at one end and second showboat lounge at the other, both had acts or some kind of entertainment each night so guests seemed to disperse throughout the ship pretty well.
Cabins were small, but well equipped they started on 'b' deck with standard class inside or outside, then 'a' deck slightly higher spec but still small, these used to be called superior, inside or outside, then main deck, same again then promenade deck where upgraded rooms were.
we had twin for 4, 2 upper/2 lower beds, small table between, dressing table, small cubicle with shower, basin and wc. not a lot of storage space, hanging space was curtained off rather than wardrobe, but this may have changed by now.
When we sailed we found space around the pool very good, and deck space good as passenger numbers are fairly low due to limited number of cabins.
Best thing we noted was staff, they were incredible, of course this again may have changed, it was a really comfortable, welcoming, personal service and we were treated really well.

Will add any thing I can think of, will ask my husband when he comes in.

Rosey
Old 08-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Thanks, Rosey!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM

We have cruised twice on the Carousel & had a great time. Yes the ship is old but it was clean, great staff & yes the cabins were small but very comfortable & quiet.
Enjoy.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:48 AM

Asked Ian (hubby) what he thought and his thoughts seemed to echo those of searanchdog, he really enjoyed the cruise, and although very different from those we've been on of late was by no means second rate.

Will be very interested to hear your views after sailing on her Raoul, I know some of the Louis ships and when they are on charter they are usually excellent, better to be honest than when they are flying the Louis flag although they are really trying to improve their reputation.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 PM

Rosey,

many thanks, again.

I suspect that Transocean Tours will bareboat-charter the ship from Louis Cruise Lines, so it will likely have nothing in common with the Louis Cruise Lines product.

The concept planned for the ship is going to be somewhat similar to what Sun Cruises offered, however: a relaxed, non-stuffy cruise product for newbies, families and budget-minded travelers.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-12-2005, 03:35 AM

hi raoul

i need your help

im looking for aperson from mber crew on greek ship named ARIELLE

may you help me ????

Closed Thread

Tags
aguamarine, aquamarine, aquamrine, cruise, cruises, customer, greece, jermany, lines, louis, market, pkarilouiscruisescom, review, reviews, ship