Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Government taxes and security fee $42.41.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM

But I am sure they will dream up additional charges. By the way what ship is it? I don't recognize it?There was an outfit in the Orlando Ft. Lauderdale area a few years ago that was running a time share scam. I have a idea that is the same bunch or the same idea at least. Viet
Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM

The Bahamas Celebration is a ferry ship. It was originally built in 1981 as MS Prinsesse Ragnhild. I had the opportunity to do a ship inspection on her in November. I heard many reports that the food was actually very good. I did find the ship difficult to get around to certain areas. The pool is very tiny and the pool deck very crowded for space. Cabins varied from very small to very large.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Hello, we got our cruise through a silent auction ($50) and when we registered for it all we had to pay was $59 for port fees (2 people) and a $99.00 upgrade fee from an inside cabin to a oceanview cabin so a total of $217.00. We are to take our cruise March the 24th 2010. I called them today because when we booked our cruise 2 months ago we were told that we would receive our itinerary and what not shortlt. We hadn't so that promted my call. I was told we would receive them 2-3 weeks prior to departure. After reading some of these comments, I have become very nervous about going. I guees I will update this once we have gone.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Don't stress its not a scam. cruise lines dont send ur packet until a week or 2 be4 u leave. Carnival does it all the time with me. Im also going on caribbean cruise line soon heck i got 18months to decide when. however im going to do the 2night in march and maybe the 3night this summer.believe me there are several scams out there this just aint one lololol...

Quote:
Originally posted by IamXena:
Hello, we got our cruise through a silent auction ($50) and when we registered for it all we had to pay was $59 for port fees (2 people) and a $99.00 upgrade fee from an inside cabin to a oceanview cabin so a total of $217.00. We are to take our cruise March the 24th 2010. I called them today because when we booked our cruise 2 months ago we were told that we would receive our itinerary and what not shortlt. We hadn't so that promted my call. I was told we would receive them 2-3 weeks prior to departure. After reading some of these comments, I have become very nervous about going. I guees I will update this once we have gone.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 AM

While I appreciate your solace I will start to feel better once we have received our itinerary, then comforted once on the cruise. I wish you all the best on your cruises as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM

What boat is it ?
Quote:
Originally posted by cruisinaway:
We did not get anything in the mail about this cruise, we however did see a commercial on tv about it and called. They were very friendly and helpful on the phone. We also paid $59 per person for port fees, and were also upgraded to a ocean view room. The ship was awesome, plenty for me and my husband to do as well as our 6 year old daughter. We decided to add on 3 nights before the cruise and 3 nights after. It was amazing!!They gave us a gas voucher and vouchers for our food at the hotels as well. It is definitely not a scam, it was a dream come true. You even get 18 months to decide when you want to go. I think they are offering so much great stuff so that they can get their name up! I checked out BBB and they do have an f rating, but if you look in more detail, they have only have 5 complaints in the past 36 months! The ship was just lauched in 2008. 4 of the complaints were resolved with refunds and the 5th was unanswered. Most of the complaints that I have read actually started out as people asking for advice and then other people put their two cents in about "oh no, never give out your credit card number over the phone!" Well we just went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in September and what do you know, we had to give them our credit card number over the phone too!!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 PM

Im nervous now too! We are going on the same cruise the beginning of March, we are also staying in the Ramada in Florida. I was told we had to tour one of their resorts though. I will let you know since I am going before you.
My first cruise was with Carnival and we had an absolute blast! I hope the reports are wrong about this trip and its just as fun!.. I did notice that most of the ones who said it was a scam did not go nor pay for the package.

Quote:
While I appreciate your solace I will start to feel better once we have received our itinerary, then comforted once on the cruise. I wish you all the best on your cruises as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Hello, I actually just saw this ad on tv today and registered and paid the port fees via telephone which made me nervous and I called the cruiseline back, the BBB, and my bank asking if they are ligit because I am so nervous. They said to wait until the payment goes through and they believe they are ok and don't worry, but it is still in the back of my mind making me go nuts? So if you could let me know how it is when you get back that would be great! thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally posted by tranice:
Don't stress its not a scam. cruise lines dont send ur packet until a week or 2 be4 u leave. Carnival does it all the time with me. Im also going on caribbean cruise line soon heck i got 18months to decide when. however im going to do the 2night in march and maybe the 3night this summer.believe me there are several scams out there this just aint one lololol...

quote:
Old 03-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Welcome to cruise-chat, Cathy.

I am glad you came to us first. One thing to say...throw everything to do with this offer in the trash. It is a scam. Forget it. Don't provide any personal information to them. I can't over emphasize it enough. I get a couple of these "offers" every year.
My name is Stephanie Rodriguez and I am the Director of Public Relations for Caribbean Cruise Line. I came across the question regarding our free cruise and can tell you that this promotion is 100% legitimate. We have travelled thousands of families on this exact offer where they pay only their taxes and have had tremendous reviews from these cruisers.

We offer the free cruise to introduce people to our cruise line in hopes of generating future business and also profit from customers who elect to extend their vacation by purchasing hotel nights, rental cars, and attraction tickets from us. There is no obligation to purchase such package extensions in order to take advantage of the free cruise offer. We stand by our product as from both a quality and value standpoint and ask that you look to the opinions of people who have experienced our cruises rather than those who make assumptions.

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, caribbean, carribean, celebration, complaints, cruise, free, legit, legitimate, line, lines, mail, ramada, scam, voucher